Management

by Essam Alnabali -
Number of replies: 3
أرغب في التسجيل في الموادر الإدراة وإدارة الأعمال
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Essam Alnabali

Re: Management

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
آسف ولكن هذا هو الموقع الإلكتروني لكنت على خطأ.
(No; I don't really speak Arabic; I just used Google Translate, which as an MFL teacher I would never recommend at allsmile )
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Adrian Black -
Completely off-topic (ok a bit)

Have you noticed that over the years IT has advanced in almost every way shape and form - except one.

We have Nvidia cards that are being used by the police to perform virtual autopsies, play stations being used by the military, xbox chips being used by the likes of boing to create better simulators.

But what we don't have is a passable translator.

I Have searched hi and low over the years - tested many varieties of on-line off-line, cumulative etc translators and they all fall flat on their face when faced with something like Italian to English (or the other way)

How come the powers that be ( all hail the mighty Google smile ) haven't pulled some of their immense resource to one side and said

"We want a universal translator - that works" ?

I mean it would never be perfect (cultural variations etc), but what's wrong with doing something collaborative like having people translate text (in situ) and then using those translations with a bit of clever processing to translate similar texts ?

I am sure there are enough able and willing people out there to do it - and I am sure Google et al have the resource/knowledge to pull it together into something usable.

Imagine a world where you could - safely - use an online translator.....

(I would be out of a job - but it'd be worth it)

Oh well - back to dreams......
Average of ratings: Coolest thing ever! (1)
In reply to Adrian Black

by Sandy Pittendrigh -
Phrases like "skin flint" (meaning cheap skate) could conceivably be translated
into any other language. But how would a translation program know when
the word bad really means good?

...for instance, from the hypothetical description: "That bad, man. That sooo bad!"