Specified Data Directory Cannot Be Found (help)

Specified Data Directory Cannot Be Found (help)

by Jason Hollowell -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
I am very new to PHP and MySQL but nevertheless was successful in reassigning the memory allocated in PHP to 16M. I am however having trouble with the "Data Directory cannot be found" error message in the installation process. I am running on MacOS 10.3 with PHP5. Is the Data Directory simply a 'folder' with permissions set to 'nobody' or do I need to create this 'directory' through PHP? I've tried everything I could think of/find on the web but nothing works.....??

Jason
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jason Hollowell

Re: Specified Data Directory Cannot Be Found (help)

by Heiko Synofzik -

Hi Jason,

you need to create a folder named (e.g. moodledata) in the same directory wher you have installed moodle. It´s really a simple folder. Then, in the config.php you have to tell moodle, where this folder is and which name it has.

I´m not sure if this is the problem, but if you don´t have created this folder, I think you´ll get this error.

Best wishes to Japan, Heiko

In reply to Heiko Synofzik

Re: Specified Data Directory Cannot Be Found (help)

by Jason Hollowell -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Heiko,

Thanks a million. I do have the folder created with appropriate permissions but I haven't made the appropriate changes to config.php yet. I'm slowly learning some php/MySQL/Unix so I'll dive in and see if I can figure it out. Thanks again.

Jason