Assignments and Grades disappeared in gradebook

Assignments and Grades disappeared in gradebook

by Mel Ausman -
Number of replies: 4
All of sudden my grades and assignments have disappeared in my Grader Report whether in Editing Mode or not. Everything is still there because when I go to an individual student or go to Simple View or Full View all the data is there.
None of my previous settings have changed.
Any ideas?
In reply to Mel Ausman

Re: Assignments and Grades disappeared in gradebook

by Mel Ausman -
All of sudden my grades and assignments have disappeared in my Grader Report whether in Editing Mode or not. Everything is still there because when I go to an individual student or go to Simple View or Full View all the data is there.
None of my previous settings have changed. I am using Moodle 1.9.5.
Any ideas?
In reply to Mel Ausman

by Barbara Baldwin -

Hi

A group of teachers at my college have been experiencing problems with feedback and grades disappearing from the Gradebook.

They are reporting that:

"If you work in the full grading window (which is necessary for detailed feedback), when you click “Save changes” or “Save and show next”, the comments and grade don’t always appear on the quick grade view as they used to – if you refresh the screen, they appear, but you have to do this after every student, which is very time-consuming. If you don’t refresh after every student, sometimes the comments seem to have gone for good, which is incredibly frustrating!"

My first thought was that this was a browser caching issue, but having watched a teacher updating feedback this doesn't appear to be the case as it only happens intermittently and can happen with initial grading.

and

"I have been marking a 2nd submission Assignment and using the Grade box to enter my comments. I have then clicked Save and Show Next. The column indicates that the changes have been made by me and today’s date and time of updating is clearly shown.

HOWEVER, only 2 out of the 8 boxes actually saved the comments."

and

" I’ve been marking a second submission of an assignment for ITD1 and although I’ve clicked on save both in the dialogue box and at the bottom of the page the marking has not saved, and I’m having to mark things twice. "

This problem manifests itself more frequently when teachers try to 'update' existing feedback rather than at the initial grading stage. Although occasionally it is happening with the initial grading.

They have also reported that they have graded assignments at home, checked that the grades and feedback are being displayed in the quick grade view, but when they access the gradebook in college their marking has disappeared. The staff have resorted to keeping copies of feedback in Word so they can copy and paste it back or to adding grades and feedback multiple time. They are getting very frustrated by the whole experience at the moment, especially as it worked fine before. We upgrade to 1.9.5 in August 2009 and staff first reported problems to me in November 2009.

We are currently using Moodle 1.9.5 with mysql 5.1.33 and php 5.2.9.2

Is this a bug?

Any help / advice gratefully recieved.

Thank you

Barbara

In reply to Barbara Baldwin

by Itamar Tzadok -