Moodle not for less technically inclined?

Migrating from Bb to Moodle

by Ken Spell -
Number of replies: 0
Thank you for your input, Venita. Both your response and Michael Penney's response are useful in our needs assessment report at SFSU, where Moodle is being considered to replace the current Bb LMS. I'd like to ask more questions to clarify two of your comments, if I may.

1) What general percentage of the instructors at Denver Seminary actually attended the initial training seminar where you say you demonstrated the basic features? Same question for the "few group training sessions. In these latter sessions, what was taught (basics)?

2) Was the "basic Moodle manual" as descriptive as the online "teacher's manual" (e.g. void of procedural content/instructions)?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Ken
P.S. I highly recommend Michael Penney's Humboldt U. referral. I intend to recommend a simlar program; although, my recommendation will include Flash movies tutorials for each and every Moodle module as well as an orientation movie to the Moodle main page.

Because our SFSU survey showed a very low preference for PowerPoint presentations, only Flash movie tutorials and MS Word tutorials will be among the recommendations.