List of unmarked assignments

List of unmarked assignments

by Andy Diament -
Number of replies: 8

Can be hard to keep track of assignments handed in late, as there is no one place in moodle which shows  a list of assignments that have been submitted but not yet matked (e.g. in grades) It would be a nice feature....

In the meantime,if you have access to phpmyadmin/moodle's version or any other sql client, attached is a query which produces a simple lsit (for all your courses) of assignments uploaded (numfiles=1) but not marked (timemarked=0, the default value)

Hope you find it useful

Andy D

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andy Diament

Re: List of unmarked assignments

by Lauran de Bever -

Andy,

I am  looking for the same feature, see http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=15016

This is also what I need:

As teacher of all courses, i want to have an overview from all grades of students, not only per assignment, but all assignments of all courses in one view.

http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=15017

When you have a solution, please let me know.

In reply to Lauran de Bever

by Andy Diament -

Hiya

Small modification of last query:

SELECT 
 mdl_course.shortname, mdl_assignment.name, mdl_user.firstname, mdl_user.lastname,mdl_assignment_submissions.grade ,mdl_assignment.grade
FROM
 mdl_assignment_submissions
INNER  JOIN mdl_assignment
 ON mdl_assignment.id = mdl_assignment_submissions.assignment
INNER  JOIN mdl_course
 ON mdl_assignment.course = mdl_course.id
INNER  JOIN mdl_user
 ON mdl_user.id = mdl_assignment_submissions.userid
Returns coursename, assignmentname, first/last name, score for student and (max) score for assignment
Please try it and let me know if it works
Andy D
In reply to Andy Diament

by Lauran de Bever -

Andy,

Is this a query on the database directly?

Tried on the database itself, it works, thanks,

Exported it to excel, have a niice overview

Is it also possible for all tasks, journals, tests etc?

it is a possibility to do it this way, but

A teacher needs this overview in moodle itself.

I am not a programmer, can read the code, not write it my slef.

Have you made it in moodle itself?

Thanks,

Lauran

In reply to Lauran de Bever

by Andy Diament -
Hiya, would love to have the knowledge & time to write a proper moodle page, where I could store various sql queries like these and display them in a page (e.g. like the grades) with a neat export to excel or text button.

I got this far basically by looking in the tables themselves with phpmyadmin to work out how the tables are linked.

Part of my list of stuff to do is to analyse usage of our moodle system; if I write any queries that I think others may find useful, I'll post them.

Also to look out for, one of the speaker's at the Oxford MoodleMoot  presented an interesting package for visualising stats from from moodle -  anyone know if this is available?

Andy D
In reply to Andy Diament

by W Page -
Hi Andy!

There has been some discussion of this "stats visualization" somewhere on these forums.  The person who did this, I think, also provided additional examples.  However, I think you need Java to do it and I was not too clear as to wether or not the code was released yet.

If I find the thread I will post the link here.

I think Martin D knows who it is so you may just want to ask him about it.

BTW, did you see what Zbigniew's did,

Grade distribution statistics and graphing
http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=12747

I think it was made for Assignments and the code is suppose to be in CVS.  Would that also be helpful to you??

WP1
In reply to W Page

by Sean Keogh -
The speaker that presented the stats package (and yes, you're right, it did use Java) was Christian Milani.

Sean K Beardie
In reply to Andy Diament

by Lauran de Bever -

Andy

The SQL statement for journals:

SELECT
mdl_course.shortname, mdl_journal.name, mdl_user.firstname, mdl_user.lastname, mdl_journal_entries.rating, mdl_journal.assessed
FROM
mdl_journal_entries
INNER JOIN mdl_journal
ON mdl_journal.id = mdl_journal_entries.journal
INNER JOIN mdl_course
ON mdl_journal.course = mdl_course.id
INNER JOIN mdl_user
ON mdl_user.id = mdl_journal_entries.userid