Attendee Search Feature

Attendee Search Feature

by Dustin Elliott -
Number of replies: 4
Hello,

Is there a way to search for a Face-to-Face attendee? I don't know of any way to do this.

The more sessions we have the harder it gets to find which session someone attended, it would be great if I could type in a part of someones name and have it list all the names in each session that match.

This would work ok as a block but I would like to have it built into the face-to-face module.

Any ideas?

Finding which sessions a person signed up for is an issue because the way the Face-to-Face module works now a student can only sign up for one session per activity. If they sign up for a session and don't attend, they can't sign up for another session until they are removed form the roster of the first session. It would be much quicker to search for their name then it is to go though the attendee list of all the past sessions to find and remove them.

Thanks,
Dustin
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dustin Elliott

Re: Attendee Search Feature

by Amir Elion -

I think you can do at least some of this with the built in features of Moodle.
With teacher/admin permissions:

1. In the course page click Participants/Students under the "People" block
  2. Search the participants list if it is long
  3. Click the desired participant's name
  4. Click "Activity Reports" Tab
  5. Look for the face-to-face activity under the topic/week it is on
  • You will see "status: signed-up" if the person is signed up
  • I could not see how you could find out to what session they are signed up - let us know if you did...

In reply to Amir Elion

by Dustin Elliott -
Amir,

I have most of the Face-to-Face classes on the frontpage so they aren't in an actual course and I don't think the method you listed will work.

Thanks for the reply, maybe I need to move them into courses...

Dustin
In reply to Dustin Elliott

by François Marier -
We do have a new user search box, as part of the Face-to-face block, that we'll be releasing in the next few weeks, along with several enhancements to the Face-to-face module.

Cheers,
Francois