alternative to smartboard notebook software

alternative to smartboard notebook software

by David Gilpin -
Number of replies: 5
Hi all,
I have a smarboard in my classroom and have come to realize that it is a waste of space since I project my laptop screen on the wall and use the Airliner to write. I want to break free from smartboard all together and all I have to do is find a free program (or very inexpensive) to replace the smartboard notebook software. I need a program that allows me to write on my screen using a bluetooth slate. Anyone know of such a software? I have googled and googled. Only thing I can think of is to use a "paint" program.

thanks
Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Gilpin

Re: alternative to smartboard notebook software

by Suzanne Dreyer -
Promethean offers a Personal Version of their software for free. It can be found at:http://www.prometheanplanet.com/server.php?show=nav.19251

In reply to Suzanne Dreyer

by Adrian Black -
I know it probably won't answer the OP's question - but I tend to use a very low tech solution.

I have Ubuntu(O/S) and whenever I am projecting stuff on the screen I use compiz - which allows me to annotate the desktop (or whatever screen is current on it)

If the presentation is PDF I use xournal which allows me to annotate (and save) pdf's.

As for the bluetooth pad - sorry - cant help there - I use a radio mouse and my clip board as a mousepad (good for about 10m)

(All the above are free)
In reply to David Gilpin

by Michael Lewis -

This post caught my attention as at our school we have SmartBoards, which we use a lot, and an Airliner (hand-held slate), which we have not used yet.

Can anyone explain: how do you project your laptop's screen on the wall and use the Airliner to write?