restoring public questionnaires

restoring public questionnaires

by Edward Stone -
Number of replies: 3

I have a number of courses that use the same questionnaire. So, I created a new hidden course and created a public questionnaire in it. When I create a course and add a questionnaire I chose the correct one from the list. This way all my responses are recorded in one area. All good.

When I Backup a course that has questionnaires (that responses are recorded in the hidden course) and Restore them, the questionnaires are themselves Public, therefore I have more than one Public questionnaire.

Is there a way around this?

Apologies for a long a complicated post!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Edward Stone

Re: restoring public questionnaires

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
That's an interesting case. I will have a look into it and post my remarks here.
Joseph
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Edward Stone -

Thanks Joseph.

I've tested this myself and the list of public questionnaires increased. I'm using Moodle 1.9.

Ed.

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
After consultation with Mike Churchward, we are aware of this problem but cannot do anything about it. The "public questionnaire" feature is very complicated as it exists, and any tampering with it might have serious consequences, especially for security issues. The advice we can give is that questionnaires which are based on a "public" one should not be backed-up and restored.
ATB
Joseph