Quiz set up with one attempt only but still allows some users multiple attempts at each question ... Please help

Quiz set up with one attempt only but still allows some users multiple attempts at each question ... Please help

by Nicole Dunstan -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

We have set up the Quiz to enable users only one attempt. However after staff completing the quiz, several staff members were allowed multiple attempts and used the grading 3.6 / 4 rather than 3 / 4 for an incorrect answer (.6 based on 4 attempts at the same question).

I have got the attempts set to 1 in the settings of the quiz.

The quiz did use random questions.

Can anybody offer me some suggestions please ....

Thanks

Nicole

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nicole Dunstan

Re: Quiz set as "one attempt" allows multiple attempts

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Nicole,

When you say "staff", do you mean people who have a teacher role or a student role in your moodle course? Please use the Moodle terminology to make yourself clear in these forums.

Joseph

PS.- Please stick to the usual forum netiquette and make your postings' subject line as short as possible. See my reply's subject for a suggested rewording of your subject line. And remember never to use the words "help", "I need help", "thank you for your help", etc. in subjects; of course you are posting for help, no need to say it.wink

In reply to Nicole Dunstan

Re: Quiz set up with one attempt only but still allows some users multiple attempts at each question ... Please help

by Murray Garth -
Try turning off Adaptive Mode. Normally this is on, which allows quiz-takers to submit questions individually (at the expense of a 0.1 penalty) whilst in the same quiz session.

Setting Attempts to 1 only affects the number of times a complete quiz can be attempted, NOT the number of attempts per question in the quiz!