multiple choice question with "none of the above" as an answer

multiple choice question with "none of the above" as an answer

by tony chesney -
Number of replies: 4
Hi
If a Multiple Choice Question in a Lesson has "none of the above" as one of its answers, this question should obviously be displayed as the last option.  Is there a way to ensure it is always displayed last, and is not part of the random of answers?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to tony chesney

Re: multiple choice question with "none of the above" as an answer

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Hi Dave,
The short answer is no, not in a standard version of Moodle. You forgot "All of the above" smile

I have instructors who blindly copy their paper tests into multiple or multi choice questions.

Fortunately every time I have seen the "..of the above" phrase it was in the last answer slot on a paper test. We tell our students that when they see "all of the above" it means all of the answers are correct, or "none of the above" it means none of the answers.

Then we have those who put "A & B are correct" as one of the answers. I am waiting for and "A & B are correct" and "All of the above are correct" as answers in a single question. Sigh.

Sorry this does not help. Chris
In reply to Chris Collman

by tony chesney -

Good point:  I haven't had an All of the Above, but it won't be long I'm sure.

Thanks anyway.

In reply to Chris Collman

by Ellen K -
I'm surprised it's not possible to un-randomize question choices. So there is no other workaround for this issue?
In reply to Ellen K

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Could be on the wish list. The work around is to use Quiz which has that ability smile

Early Lesson developers had a different vision for Lesson.

I am not in the Quiz forum much, maybe there is a push there to make Quiz more interactive or what I think is called "adaptive" testing. A lesson can do that but a
quiz does not have jumps based upon specific choices that a student makes.

That and this is off topic. It is snowing. The heavy start of the season kind. Tree branches cracking in the forest all around me. Guess I better shut this computer off before it corrupts the FAT file smile

Best Chris