Increasing the granularity of the gradebook 'export' checkbox options

Increasing the granularity of the gradebook 'export' checkbox options

by Paul Vaughan -
Number of replies: 2

Hi all.

We have one course in our Moodle where the gradebook is acting as a catch-all for our AS and A2 courses, as well as all the assignments in those courses.

When it comes to exporting this gradebook, in the 'Grade Items to be included' section, there are 275 checkboxes, and at the bottom of the list, the option to check/uncheck the lot. What we would ideally like is much greater granularity when it comes to choosing what to export and what not to, so I am thinking of a method to check/uncheck the varying levels as shown on the gradebook, which for us would be:

• Check/uncheck each item at the highest level
  • Check/uncheck each item at the 2nd level
  • Check/uncheck each item at the 3rd level
  • Check/uncheck each item at the nth level
Has anyone achieved anything like this already? If not, a few pointers on where to start would be great.

Edited to include the mocked-up image below.

Cheers,

Paul.
Attachment example_gradebook_granularity.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paul Vaughan

Re: Increasing the granularity of the gradebook 'export' checkbox options

by kalli benetos -
I don't have an answer to your question though your question answered mine in this thread.

Trying the export to a course that will import all the grades from a collection of courses sounds easy and should work. I tried with the xml format and I get an error upon importing : Error - bad XML format!

In what format do you export your grades? and re-import them?

cheers
kalli
In reply to kalli benetos

Re: Increasing the granularity of the gradebook 'export' checkbox options

by Paul Vaughan -
Hello Kalli. While I'm interested in exporting, I'm not really concerned with importing again (sorry). Our overall aim is monitoring of student achievement and possibly some nice Excel graphs too.

It may be worth looking at your XML file in a plain text editor (e.g. Notepad) to see if there's an obvious XML error.

Paul.