Student study groups / fraternities administering their own Moodle?

Re: Student study groups / fraternities administering their own Moodle?

by Robert Frittmann -
Number of replies: 0
Hi Ryan, thanks for your reply. I'll take your advice on the wiki and give it a go. smile

I came across the IMA Styles on ecademy (the thinking person's Facebook) where they use it extensively, and I have found it to be quite helpful, not just in my own life but also in how I interact with other people. It is like it exposes peoples' buttons, so you have a better idea of which ones to avoid and which ones to push. For instance, my results came back as High Green, and this says of me...

High Greens are conservative, independent thinking individuals that like to concentrate on the fine points, the details.

I prefer to work alone and focus on facts, data and processes. I rarely (if ever) make impulsive decisions; I make rational decisions based upon evidence. I am an inventive, creative intellectual. I am good at perfecting processes and systems. I prefer a work environment that is neat and tidy. "A place for everything and everything in its place!" is my motto. I am excellent at time management and prioritising projects. However, I can also become caught up in details and sometimes lose sight of the "big picture". Others view me cool, calculating and independent. I often wonder how other people can talk so openly about personal issues and freely offer up opinions (without substantiating their claims). I prefer hobbies that I can master alone. I tend to strive toward perfection and mastery even while relaxing. I am not overly fond of surprises and last-second changes of plans. Loud, boisterous "surprise parties" would best be thrown for other people, I would prefer a quiet evening with a good book or movie.

...and that is very accurate about me! My wife even asked me who wrote it, thinking that I had a mistress or something! I must admit, it is not something I have tried to apply in a face-to-face environment. But I have found that it works great in online collaborative groups.

As I say above though, I'm not an expert, I'm not a teacher or professor, I'm just a uni student. I'm open to any advice and input on anything that will help me to achieve my goals for my study group, which in turn I believe will help me to achieve my goals in my own studies.