First time install - Create Database

First time install - Create Database

by Erlyn Baack -
Number of replies: 2

I'll be asking a few "beginner" questions over the next few days and will be happy to take any easy advice I can get!

Step 5:  "create an empty database in your database system..."  Here is a 5k screenshot of my SQL account maintenance, and it looks like I just enter the "Example command lines for MySQL" there, right?  That's it???

What about "TO moodleuser@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'yourpassword'';  Sorry, but I don't even know what to do about that.

Erlyn 

Attachment sql.gif
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Erlyn Baack

Installed!

by Erlyn Baack -

I'll answer my own question here after FINALLY getting Moodle installed.  The problem (according to the computer systems expert who actually did the installation) is that the instructions were written more for installing on a server rather than within a website.  Well, my site has mysql and php and all the requirements for a seamless installation, so it went beautifully in the hands of a skilled expert.

Now, having seen an installation, I think it would even be possible to replicate it! 

Watching the installation and then "powering up" the program myself, it is abundantly clear Moodle is an exceptional program.  Plus, over the last two days, I've been navigating between my "administrator" account and the account of a fictitious student, and Moodle is very intuitive, both for administrator and student.

I'd say "congratulations" to Martin for having written a wonderful program whose installation actually "falls into place" in the hands of an expert! 

In reply to Erlyn Baack

Re: Installed!

by Timothy Takemoto -

> is that the instructions were written more for installing on a server rather than within a website
I share this sentiment. However, I guess that is is up to us (you, I, the systems expert that you
employed and others that installed on a website) to write a version of the instructions more
appropriate for our needs.

I eventually found that all the problems that I had with the install were due to
errors on my own part.

It is amazing software eh.

Tim