Re: Kaikohe Christian School Beta Theme

by Layne Heiny -
I'm assuming this is the site URL:

http://www.kaikohechristianschool.co.nz/

In reply to Layne Heiny

by Mariuxi Eras Ortega -
Hola a todos

Por favor ayudenme, necesito cambiar el tamaño de los text de usuario y contraseña, el que sale en el encabezado a lado del logo.. he buscado pero aun no he tenido exito.

Les agradeceria su ayuda
In reply to Te Riu Adams-Smith-Warren

by Jason Rooks -
I love the theme. There seems to be a CSS issue with the login block. Have you had any luck fixing that?
In reply to Jason Rooks

by Te Riu Adams-Smith-Warren -
Haven't tried fixing the login block but will add to my to do list. The reason I haven't worried is that there is a login block at the top.

Upgraded to version 1.2. Latest version includes fixes for the bugs mentioned in the post so far.

by Rob Cunniffe -

Love the theme but I am having a few issues -

we link to some pages within Moodle from elsewhere, then using your Login Menu we always get redirected to the Homepage rather than the URL we were aiming for..

Any tips on how to modify this behaviour

Cheers

Rob

In reply to Rob Cunniffe

Can you explain in a bit more detail, maybe an image?

by Rob Cunniffe -

Difficult to Show image, If we try to link to say for example

http://webserver/moodle/course/view.php?id=70 and the user is not logged in

We get redirected to the logon Script (LDAP) from inside the school which then logs on and puts the user to

https://webserver/moodle/ rather than the originally targeted address.

Rob

In reply to Rob Cunniffe

by Marcus Mead -
We also love the theme; you can see the Kingsley Schools implementation here:

http://moodle.kingsley.k12.mi.us/

We're using it for the whole web site.

But we have the same issue, as follows.

Say you are at the Teachers and Staff page, and click a resource that requires a login. So you log in, but you are directed back to the home page.

Can we STAY at the Teachers and Staff page, instead of redirecting to home?
In reply to Marcus Mead

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I'm going to take a look at this theme with the intention of fixing the problems encountered by a few Moodlers, judging by the comments here which don't seem to have been answered.

I'll be back shortly.

Mary
In reply to Marcus Mead

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Which version of Moodle are you currently using? If it's not 1.9.8 I would recommend an upgrade, as the problem you are having is Moodle behaviour and not the theme.

Hope this helps.

Mary
In reply to Mary Evans

What I am trying to establish is if the problem is actually from my theme or not. The login menu in the header just calls the login/index.php file, which is a Moodle file. I did not come across the same problem when I tested this. Where exactly are you trying to log in? is it in the header, in the login block, or on the login/index.php page?

by Mary Evans -
Te,

From what I can ascertain from the problem as stated above, is that when logging into a course with password key the Teacher (who is already logged into Moodle) will be put back to Home page rather than the Course page they want. This problem happened constantly to a colleague of mine, the theme they use was custom built for them. So I am assuming it's a Moodle thing and not your theme or any other theme for that matter. It might well have been a bug and fixed as I have never experienced that problem. I use version 1.9.8.

Cheers,

Mary

by Colin Wheelhouse -

Hey,

love the theme, how can I change the colour of the lavalamp menu? I have tried editing the lavabg.gif and lava.gif files but this seems to make no difference. I would like to use this theme with my school colours.

Cheers Wheelie.

In reply to Colin Wheelhouse

The theme doesn't actually use a lavalamp menu, i left the files in for development. To change the color of the menu etc try the dropdown.css file.

by Gordon Brooks -
Love the site! I'm fairly new to html and even more so to php. I have added a white banner image to the header, but there is too much red. I'm trying to remove the red repeating background to white and then put a table border of red around the core section. Can you or anyone help with this?

thanks,
Gordon
In reply to Gordon Brooks

by Danny Wahl -
change:

body {
background-color: #CC000;
}

for getting away from the red background and:

div.content {
border: 1px solid #ff0000;
}

to have a red border around the whole page content.
In reply to Danny Wahl

by Gordon Brooks -
Those make sense, but I can't for the life of me figure out which page to change them on. Is it on the header.html page or in one of the css files? Since I have not spent much time working with moodle I don't know how all the pages work together. I know that the php does things a little different than html. Anyways, if you can direct me to the page to change this code that would be awesome. The background is a repeating image called background.jpg right now so I have to find that and replace with

body {
background-color: #CC000;
}

Thanks,
Gordon

by Mary Evans -
Hi,

I can answer this for you. You need to be looking in the css files. Not sure now how many .css files there are in this theme, usually just one but sometimes more.

If you want to go for a white background just use the word 'white' as typing in the name works for most colors, red, blue, green, ivory, gold, silver, etc., The HEX code for the color WHITE is #FFFFFF

By the way the previous color code was incorrect...#CC000
HEX codes have 6 digits not 5

This is the correct color code #CC0000 =
RED

body {background-color: white;}

or

body {background-color: FFFFFF;}

Don't struggle...there is always help available on this forum, and there are plenty of Moodle Docs to help with customising themes too. CSS FAQ and Themes FAQ are good starting points for learning more about CSS and theming in general.

Cheers

Mary
In reply to Mary Evans

by Danny Wahl -
blush bad css...

my bad the current color is #cc0000 that's what you'll want to change to whatever color you want.

And that can be found around

/theme/kaikohe_christian_school/styles.php

line 37

body {
background: #C00 url('images/background.jpg') repeat-x center top;
border-color:#FFF;
height:100%;
margin-bottom: 40px;
margin-top:0;
}
In reply to Danny Wahl

by Mary Evans -
/theme/kaikohe_christian_school/styles.php ???

Don't you mean styles_variable.css ?

smile

In reply to Mary Evans

by Gordon Brooks -
Thanks everyone, found it. styles_layout.css and then I had to add to .surround a border with the color I wanted.

Gordon
In reply to Danny Wahl

by Vijay N -
I also use this theme and have modified the over coloring shcemes. I am trying to change the side block colours (which is currently #cc00) to #9c0000. Where can I do this??
In reply to Vijay N

by Gordon Brooks -
Vijay,

The side block headers are actually pictures. I don't remember what css file they were in, but if I find them again I'll let you know.

Gordon

Hi All

Side block headers are styled in the styles_layout.css file. Try lines 1414 and 1439. You will also need to change the backup color on line 1344. If you want to change the color completely I also recommend editing the background of the "hide/show" arrow. Unfortunately this is an image so you will have to do some image editing.

As a general rule of thumb, the CSS files can be thought of like this:

• dropdown.css - All CSS for the drop down menu/nav bar.
  • styles_color.css - All the color styles e.g. border-color.
  • styles_fonts.css - All the font styles for the theme.
  • styles_layout.css - All layout CSS, and also some of the background styles.
  • styles_moz.css - Firefox styles.
  • styles_variable.css - This file has sort of the 'base' styles in it, e.g. link styles.
If in doubt, check the styles_variable.css file and the styles_layout.css file.

I will hopefully be releasing an update for the theme within the next month, but am currently working on a Moodle 2.0 theme.

Te

by Vijay N -
The biggest problem I am having is the the login menu at the top of the screen, IE 7 ir the only one that fixes it all other browsers make it appear as below. Also the side block are som how shifted to one right of the screen when some courses have images on it.

Sorry the max upload size is 100 kb on this forum and picture would take 500 kb.
In reply to Vijay N

by Mary Evans -
Vijay,

Can you add your question about the SCORM page here and I'll try to answer it. Te-Guy is no more and this theme is not for download so I can't look at the css for you. I will have to do this by guess work!

Mary
In reply to Mary Evans

by Vijay N -
Thanks Mary, for a moment there I thought you were going to block me completely, lol..ha ha..Its all about professional work enquiries at the end of the day...

OK here is the SCORM & KCS enquiry copied from message:-

"
In the current theme - KCS, which my college uses (which I deployed) the SCORM player acts weird. No matter what value I provide it produces the same size box and under the Index links.

Where do I find the css information that defines the layout of SCORM.

Also regarding a post that you have kindly answered earlier-langage bar. I noticed that it only works on the Front page. It does not appear in any other page inspite of adding the headermenu details in both "banner menu" div areas.

Sorry I can't think of a better way to explain the above enquiry. Hope you get the picture from the above."

I look forward to your opinions.
In reply to Vijay N

by Mary Evans -
I don't mind helping people in dire need with Moodle quick fixes, but something like this, which may help others, is better put in the forum, especially when it relates to a specific theme.

Styling SCORM Pages

I didn't have a clue about SCORM so I read up on it and found that the LMS modules I had made using some Free Open Source software eXe was the same as SCORM, but I save mine in a different format. But how to style them? It's actually easier than you think.

Moodle has, in it's capabilities to help with styling, specific ways of identifying a particular page using the information which you can find in the url for the page, in this case SCORM page view. So the identifier would be...

#mod-scorm-view or #mod-scorm-player etc...depending on which page you wanted styled in a particular way.

For instance using these various css mark-up got the initial SCORM page to display in a smaller box without a header or a footer...

#mod-scorm-view #footer, #mod-scorm-player #footer {display: none}

#mod-scorm-view .generalbox { width: 75%; margin: 20px auto; }

#mod-scorm-player #header, #mod-scorm-player #header-home { display: none; background-image: none;}

body#mod-scorm-player { background-image: none;}

Using Firefox and a plugin called Firebug you can quickly identify the element id or class for the parts of the page you want to change. You can read more about this in Themes FAQ and CSS FAQ

Language Menu

If you take a look at Standard theme's header.html you will see the following code...

<?php print_container_start(true, '', 'header-home'); ?>
<h1 class="headermain"><?php echo $heading ?></h1>
<div class="headermenu"><?php echo $menu ?></div>
<?php print_container_end(); ?>

The highlighted line contains both the login details and also the language menu and also the Jump facility in that one line, so it is important that that code is kept as it is, at least I am finding so, as it's varied uses are important for navigation.
If you don't have that line in the header.html try adding it in the same position in your theme's header.html as it is above. Don't worry about styling as that's done by standard theme by default.

You will find that the language menu sometimes will appear in the navbar (right-hand side of breadcrumb nav) in some pages, but not others. But more often than not it is in the header, if it is included in the theme, and if you have the Language option set to display.

Hope these answer you questions?

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Vijay N -
Thank you for the above. Getting back to the language bar. I have no problem displaying this on the Home page or front page. Yes it works fine on this page. Its the other pages that I am concerned about at the moment because it doesn't display in any other course page or course category pages.

What is weird is that I selected other themes to see
if it has the same issue and yes I was right, it doesn't display in any other themes either(Standard theme, Standardred,....etc.)

I will get back with the progress of the SCORM design but for now I am establishing the fact that the language bar only displays on the Moodle Home page and not any other page unless some one can prove otherwise.

Vijay
In reply to Mary Evans

Have fixed the download link. Sorry about that guys, decided to give my site a makeover and deleted the download page. All fixed now.

by Mary Evans -
Hi Te,

Thanks for updating the download I've just approved it. I did notice, however, it has a whole load of MAC .files in the zip. Are these necessary, because when you extract them they split off into a MAC folder of their own which doesn't have a theme name. What I'm asking is, does Moodle use these on a MAC install? If not I don't think they should not be in the download. I know for a fact they are confusing to some Moodlers, myself included, as they have been known to disrupt a normal install of the theme to the server.

Mary
In reply to Mary Evans

I do all my design/developing on a mac. It must just stick those files in when I compress it. Another note - I am no longer supporting this theme, if there are any more problems, could you (if you have the time) try and fix them?

by Mary Evans -
rofl.gif

That's the funniest thing I've heard all week!
In reply to Vijay N

by Marcus Mead -
LOGIN MENU FIX!

I am running this theme on two different servers; one works perfectly, the other constantly puts the login fields down into the calendar.

It took several hours, but I traced the problem down to a couple of lines in the loginmenu.php file. I don't think I can paste the code, but what appears to be happening is that the input tags are defaulting too large, which bumps them out of their container.

I limited the size to 10; I also eliminated the paragraph tags and replaced them with line breaks to save space, and now everything fits just fine.

This file is located right in the home folder. I am attaching my file with commented code. Hope it helps!

You can see the modified login here: http://www.traversebay.org

In reply to Marcus Mead

What about something like: #login_username { width: 100px; }, #login_password { width: 100px; } and take some of the padding-left off .loginprofile.

So instead of
.loginprofile { padding: 10px 0 0 225px; } try something like { padding: 10px 0 0 125px; }

You shouldn't have to edit the loginmenu.php file to fix this, it is a simple CSS fix.

by Marcus Mead -

Okay, I didn't know that was there.  Thanks!

I am also intersted in adjusting the gradebook- it does some wierd mouseover stuff, I want to make it simpler and fit more on the screen.

Can you tell me where to adjust that?

Thanks!

In reply to Marcus Mead

by Mary Evans -

Is there a download for this theme? I could not see it in the Moodle theme repostitory.

Cheers

Mary