Can't stop teachers from completing feedback

Can't stop teachers from completing feedback

by Janet Smith -
Number of replies: 9
In the teacher role, I've set "mod/feedback:complete" to Prohibit, but when I am logged into Moodle as a teacher, I can still complete feedback.

I tested this both with a feedback created on the front page of Moodle and then linked into a course via the feedback block, and also with a feedback instance created within a specific course.

I even went in and set the Student Role and Authenticated User Role to Prohibit for complete feedback and everyone still seems to be able to answer the questions and submit.

I am using the most current version of the Feedback Module from the Module Downloads area.

How can I stop teachers from completing feedbacks? Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? Does anyone know how to fix?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Janet Smith

Re: Can't stop teachers from completing feedback

by Mario Dorantes -
Hello:

We have a Moodle 1.9.4 and we don't let not editing teachers complete a feedback. In our case it was done by simply setting the mod/feedback:complete to Prohibit within the course.

Mario
In reply to Mario Dorantes

by Elaine Blakeman -

I am having this problem with students. I set all their roles to prohibt on Feedback Activity, yet they can still  answer the feedback questions. Please advise.

In reply to Elaine Blakeman

by Andreas Grabs -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators

Hi,

please check whether the students are assigned as student to the current context. That is meaning that if is the feedback e.g. on the frontpage so the users just are not assigned as studend but only as "authenticated user".

Andreas

In reply to Andreas Grabs

by Elaine Blakeman -

I am  not using the frontpage. I was testing this in a single course.

In reply to Elaine Blakeman

by Andreas Grabs -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators

Hi,

please check the global setting "Allow full anonymous" for the feedback-module on Site Administration->Modules->Acitivities->Feedback. If it set to "Yes" and the feedback is anonym so the role is not fully checked.

Andreas

by Andreas Grabs -

I have changed the check a bit. Now anonymous feedbacks in courses will be fully checked even if the feedback-option "allow full anonymous" is set true.

It is in the CVS and is included in the zip-package at the next time.

Andreas

In reply to Janet Smith

by Adedayo Akande -

Is there a best practices for preventing "Teachers" and "Non-Editing Teachers" from submitting feedback?  For example, in a class evaluation survey.

I've tried the following with no success:

• Prohibiting Teachers and Non-Editing Teachers from submitting/viewing feedback

The feedback is listed on the "front page" but is made in to a Sticky Block so it appears on every course.

In reply to Adedayo Akande

by Andreas Grabs -

Hi Adedayo,

in the case you described the feedback is in the context of your frontpage. A teacher generally is in her/his course enroled as teacher but not on the frontpage. There the teacher is like all other user only an authenticated user and not more.
I would say there is no best way sad.

If your installation has not to many teachers so you could create a new role with the wantet permissions and put the teacher in this role in the context of the frontpage or just the feedback self. If there are many teacher this could be a hard work wink.

Best regards
Andreas

by Adedayo Akande -

Thank you very much.  Thats seems a bit cumbersome unfortunately.