Week-DOW (Days Of the Week) The excelent and brilliant concept for the truly needed Course Format

Week-DOW (Days Of the Week) The excelent and brilliant concept for the truly needed Course Format

by J Mesquita Mesquita -
Number of replies: 4

Presenting you the new "Week (DOW)" course format
DOW for Days Of the Week.

Ok its weekly and has the days of the week the course is given.

Ever put the possibility?

Like:

Week (DOW) - The configuration is similar to week format with this added

- Number of Lesson in a week 5 -
But this field would be unnecessary with the following settings added

Days of the week 

Sat Sun Mon Tue Wen Thu Fri
x x

And,

For each day of the week, having the number of lessons and, why not, the hour. Like

DOW Lessons Start Time
Tue 2 14:30
Wen 3 10:30

It would be so nice

And a "count down" information in the lessons like - Lesson 5/20

Sorry but

The basic Moodle is just to basic yet.

And anyone, fell free to develop this ideia.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to J Mesquita Mesquita

Re: Week-DOW (Days Of the Week) The excelent and brilliant concept for the truly needed Course Format

by J Mesquita Mesquita -
Anf if any one knows about some code to do this, please let me tell me where I can get it.

Re: Week-DOW (Days Of the Week) The excelent and brilliant concept for the truly needed Course Format

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi,

And with this information, how would it affect what is seen by the students? Would you show / hide certain resources given the day / time?

What is the critical added value by coding this?

Cheers,

Gareth
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by J Mesquita Mesquita -

the critical added value is to atomaticaly Schedule your course

It should also have a calendar with vacation and holiday periods as well.

I put another question

Why doesnt Moodle has that already?

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Dear J Mesquita Mesquita,

To be honest, I do not know why Moodle does not have this course format already, but would think that it would be down to demand - possibly.

To progress this further and give potential developers a better idea of the proposed format, could you produce a mock-up in say a paint program? This would help visualise the concept and pin down the specific requirements that facilitate the course format to be created and tested against. With this I think it would be possible to submit an enhancement request on Moodle Tracker - http://tracker.moodle.org/.

Cheers,

Gareth