Evaluation in ECTS Credits

Evaluation in ECTS Credits

by Yuliya Lyalina -
Number of replies: 7
Dear Moodle Community,

I need to become the results of the Quiz in ECTS credits or to interpret the results in ECTS credits.
Maybe some of You have already solved my problem, or maybe this function is already added in new moodle versions.
As I understood maybe I need to write new Php function, that will translate the results.

Could You please help me
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Yuliya Lyalina

Re: Evaluation in ECTS Credits

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
What is an ECTS credit?

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Yuliya,
Sorry but I really don't understand what you want to do with the Moodle quiz activity. You certainly cannot "translate" moodle's quiz results directly into ECTS credits. Do you mean that you have a teaching unit entirely and only based on the students' score in a Moodle Quiz activity (or several quizzes) and you want to use those quiz scores to give the students an ECTS credit? Do you want to automatically transfer the quiz scores to your institution's ECTS database? What do you do at the moment, using pen and paper exams? I am really puzzled by your proposal.
Joseph
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Yuliya Lyalina -
It will be excellent if the test results that we become after the quiz will be automatically "transfered" into ECTS points. Or I have an idea to add the column in the table with results analysis with ECTS points. I really don't know how to do this. The simpliest way of course is only to write in Overview the correspondence of the notes. But I really need to do it automatically.

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Are you sure this needs to be in the quiz specifically, or would it be better to handle this in the gradebook.

Despite working at a UK university, I have not heard about ECTS points, at least that abbreviation is not immediately familiar to me yet. So I still don't really know exactly what is required to covert Moodle grades into ECTS points.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Yuliya Lyalina -

In my university FH Düsseldorf in educational process we use ECTS points as a marks. Now we`ve made one of the courses in moodle. The problem is that in moodle we have one system of evaluation (for example now I have a quiz with max. 30 moodle points). I want to convert this 30 moodle points to 2 ECTS credits. 

So, I mean maybe to write some function, that will convert normal marks to European system of credits 

by Tim Hunt -
Right, so in the gradebook, and a custom column called ECTS points, and set it up to use the calculation you want to covert the quiz score to points.