Orignial Navigation Aids in Quizport

Orignial Navigation Aids in Quizport

by Deborah Delin -
Number of replies: 2

Hello Gordon,

Sorry but here I am again with a perplexing little problem which is driving me a little bit crazy.

I have some small example Quizports on my Front Page which I want guests to be able to try out in order to gain an impression of what I am offering.  Rather than guests  having to attempt every quiz, I set the navigation to "Original Navigation Aids" so that they can flick through the different quizzes. 

The problem is that Quizport does not always allow me to do this.  After looking at one or two quizzes it jumps straight to the Exit Page. 

I have tried many different permutations of settings but the same thing always occurs.  I set "allow resume" to "yes" as this seemed most logical.  What is making it difficult to pinpoint this problem is that it happens randomly.  This morning I was able to flick all the way through one Quizport with no problem, but the second time it jumped to the Exit page on the second attempt (maybe there's a clue there but I don't understand it?).  Also, sometimes a particular quiz will navigate to the next one and sometimes the same quiz will jump to the Exit page. 

I would be very grateful for some of your pearls of Quizport wisdom, and if you wish to have a look please see:

http://www.strivney.com/mod/quizport/view.php?tab=preview&quizid=5454&qnumber=-1

or any of the other Quizports on the Front Page.

Thank you.

Deborah

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Deborah Delin

Re: Orignial Navigation Aids in Quizport

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Deborah,
I think at some point QuizPort decides "this person has viewed all the quizzes, so they must have finished".

when would you like them to see the Exit page? Maybe never? In which case you could just let them look at the quizzes as a resou

I have downloaded the files to my own server and I will try to find time to experiment with the navigation settings and conditions.

cheers
Gordon
In reply to Gordon Bateson

Re: Orignial Navigation Aids in Quizport

by Deborah Delin -

Hi Gordon

Now that I understand how Quizport works I am reassured it will function how I want it to when guests view the exercises. 

Good question about the Exit Page.  I suppose I would want those people who actually completed all the exercises to see it.  But as long as they are able to see them all it doesn't really matter too much.

Thanks very much.

Deborah