How do I turn on peer assessment?

How do I turn on peer assessment?

by Anne Nicolson -
Number of replies: 4

I have been attempting to set up a workshop for some students. When I tested it  with 3 students,  only the teacher could see the student uploads. Students could see their own uploads but nobody elses.

I had no teacher exemplars for them to see.

Elsewhere I have read references to 'turning on peer assessment' - maybe I'm blind but I can't see where to do this.

Help most appreciated!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Anne Nicolson

Re: How do I turn on peer assessment?

by Peter Sereinigg -

At the teachers panel, you have the possibility to change the "phases".

• Students are only able to give their feedback only in phase 3 and 4 ...
  • Maybe it take some minutes, for your server to mix the solutions winken

Hope this helps

Peter

by Anne Nicolson -

Thanks that was a very quick reply! Assuming that I have set things up correctly and its not working. could this be to do with either the CRON not working properly or my old favourite - using IIS instead of apache?

by Anne Nicolson -
When I returned to the workshop suddenly students can see each others work. The question becomes - what limits this? Is it the setting on the Cron update frequency or something else?

by Ray Kingdon -
Anne, I should say it's magic but...

There is a couple of delays involved and the time interval used is the maxediting time that you see when you post something to a forum, for instance. Here the interval is set to 30 minutes (which is a reasonable value). So when a student submits a piece of work the workshop module waits 30 minutes (or whatever) before making it available to other students. The time allows the student to change their mind, delete the submission... There's another delay when a student assesses a piece of work, again to allow the student to change their assessment. Once the delay time has passed the assessment is "exposed" to the other student (the owner of the piece of work). Isn't peer assessment fun big grin.