HTML editor is undefined

HTML editor is undefined

by Kathryn Kitchen -
Number of replies: 3
My editor appears and then disappears randomly. I have tried both IE and Fire Fox. Sometimes it is only my course and sometimes it is others. I have administrator rights but I am not a programmer by any stretch of the imagination. I have read previous posts and I am lost when it comes to the explanations. Is this something that I can fix? Our IT director is booked.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kathryn Kitchen

Re: HTML editor is undefined

by Mauno Korpelainen -

Check first http://docs.moodle.org/en/HTML_editor_FAQ

It is pretty hard to guess any particular reason or fix without seeing your site or source - injected code (spam) is easy to find from source but may require cleaning of all php files (or at least config.php), Google analytics scripts usually breaks editor permanently, some custom blocks (javascripts) could explain random appearing/disappearing but if I had to guess it sounds like GoDaddy syndrome...

Can you send some more info about your site - address for example?

In reply to Mauno Korpelainen

by Kathryn Kitchen -
Our server is with hostmonster.com. The site is www.mjca.org/moodle. I teach the AP Calculus class. I have allowed guests. If I had instructions I believe our IT director could handle it. He is not familiar with Moodle at all and he is very busy. I feel like I have hit a wall. I was getting very excited about the possibilities but the frustration of a fickle editor has taken the wind out of my sail. Any help would be appreciated.

In reply to Kathryn Kitchen

by Mauno Korpelainen -

I visited your site yesterday with guest access but source looked ok - there were some 3rd party activities, some css errors and some messy MS code , for example local links like

file:///C:\DOCUME~1\kkitchen\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_filelist.xml

file:///C:\DOCUME~1\kkitchen\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_themedata.thmx

file:///C:\DOCUME~1\kkitchen\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_colorschememapping.xml

but I don't think they should break editor. You have obviously just copied and pasted some content from Microsoft products...

One possible reason could be in your browser - some malware or phishing program or some partly functional plugin. Have you tried other browsers elsewhere (in addition to your current browsers) ?

I could not test the editor with guest access but you could try to turn debugging to ALL from site administration and check possible errors. At least normal source did not show any signs of injected code.