Make completed assignment assessable to all class members

Make completed assignment assessable to all class members

by Isaac Zimmermann -
Number of replies: 2

Our school uses a pencil and paper collaboration worksheet for staff members to document what they use collaboration time to work on. These documents are kept in a folder so that in theory staff could look at what other members are working on and join other groups.

I would like to create a course and add all teachers to it so that they can do this online. The form has two essay questions and two multiple choice questions. I could easily make a quiz for teachers to complete or have them complete a form in word and upload it to an assignment but this makes it difficult for all other teachers to view the information once it is online. (I don’t really want to make all of the teachers class admins)

Do you have any ideas?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Isaac Zimmermann

Re: Make completed assignment assessable to all class members

by ben reynolds -
Hi Isaac,
How cool to have a structure for collaboration!

I think you may be asking this question in the wrong forum. Too narrow a focus here.

For example, my first thought is that the database module is more appropriate than assignment. And, database is not nearly as intimidating as it sounds.

As an administrator (in my non Moodle life), I'm mildly concerned that the subject of the collaboration is yoked to the documentation of time. That's because an institution pays staff for their time and thus needs to keep track of how the money is used. But the choice to collaborate doesn't need to be yoked to a time sheet.

Another module that might work is forum. Because, in theory, your staff are looking for something to collaborate on, it's easy to imagine a series of forum topics that could be eyeballed:

Math & Music - Algebra Level
Chemistry & Home Economics - The science of cooking for large numbers
Psychology & Physical Education - Should you play till it hurts & if so, how do you "get past" the pain?

You would put the prompts and the multiple choice questions as the forum's description. With the actual forum contribution being one post of the two essay questions and the correct multiple choice answers. A reply to the original post in the thread/topic would be a 3rd or more staff member joining the team.
In reply to Isaac Zimmermann

Re: Make completed assignment assessable to all class members

by Marius Pretorius -
As Ben has said, the database is definitely an option. The essay question could be a text area field and the multiple choice questions could be a menu type field. You can enable comments so that the others can comment on what each member of staff has submitted.

Alternatively, you can enrol the teachers as non-editing teachers in the course or only override the appropriate permissions of the student role to give you the type of behaviour you need.

tht
Marius