Is there a way to find & remove all USERS that are NOT enrolled in a course?

Is there a way to find & remove all USERS that are NOT enrolled in a course?

by Sharon R -
Number of replies: 5

I have a number of users who are not enrolled in a course, but I can't determine how many or who unless I click on each user (and I have about 2000). These users must have created an account without having a course OR they were automatically unenrolled after "365" days. Can I search for those users in some way so I can delete them? I don't want to delete the employees, just students who are using Moodle. I can filter by email to determine staff from student since our email domain is different for staff and sudents. (Note: many of our staff ARE enrolled as students in other teacher's courses who created courses for resources so I can't search by role in this case).

How are other users getting rid of these unenrolled users? I would love to hear how other admins handle this problem

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sharon R

Re: Is there a way to find & remove all USERS that are NOT enrolled in a course?

by ben reynolds -
Sharon,
Do you have a Student Information System that shows something like "I've graduated" or "I no longer attend [your school here]"? If so, it's easier to pull them from the SIS and then run a flat file unenrolling the lot from your Moodle. I *think*.
In reply to ben reynolds

Re: Is there a way to find & remove all USERS that are NOT enrolled in a course?

by Sharon R -
I don't think so, but I can check on that with our database coordinator. Thanks.
In reply to Sharon R

by Tiffany Morgan -
I agree Shannon--I have been looking for away to identify what WebCT called "Orphan" users...so far I haven't had any luck...
In reply to Tiffany Morgan

by ben reynolds -
Okay, here's a more practical example.

We have individually-paced math courses in which students can postpone work for anywhere from a few days to a few months. They fill out an online form, but this could as easily be a paper form with the data keyed into our info system.

Daily, we run a query that looks for postponements. We upload a flat file that unenrolls students from the postponed course. The file also re-enrolls anyone who ends their postponement. And adds anyone who is new to the course.

The principle behind the above works as well at the site level. As always, wherever there is a system that tracks money, that's where you go for the most accurate enrollment information.
In reply to Sharon R

by Tony Zohari -

I have the same problem. Sharon, did you find a way to select students who are not enrolled to any course?