Display the lesson content through middle of page

Display the lesson content through middle of page

by dianna karamaena -
Number of replies: 5

Hi,
    I'm new to moodle and was wondering how do I get lessons and other activities to display in the centre of the screen. Thus leaving me with options
to display blocks on either side of the screen.

Hope this is clear as mud?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to dianna karamaena

Re: Display the lesson content through middle of page

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Hi,
Sort of clear. Have you tried to create a course yet or visited demo.moodle.org? Usually the default in a course is just what you described, see Course homepage.

If this is not working on your Moodle site, then sometimes the Front page of a Moodle site or even a custom Moodle theme, might not have the 3 column view.

Hope this starts to settle out some of the muck smile

Chris
In reply to Chris Collman

by dianna karamaena -

Thanks Chris,
                         I been having a good play and understand this LMS more now.

A question though. I run a Hot Potatoes created activity by linking to the html file no problems. Then as a result of delving more into thism system I noticed that by selecting Activity>Import Questions>Hot Potatoes format I may be able to also run one of theser activities from here as well. I tried to upload any of the .xml files but get error message "input file not recognised as a Hot Potatoes xml file".

any help/ideas much appreciated smile

In reply to dianna karamaena

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
In the Lesson activity you can only import the following 2 types of Hot Potatoes questions: multiple choice (JQuiz) and matching questions (JMatch).
I don't know what you call ".xml files". You do not import xml files into Lesson, but the files generated by JQuiz (*.jqz extension) and JMatch (*.jmt extension).
Joseph
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by dianna karamaena -

Thanks Joseph,
                       I dont know that the .xml files are either. Things appear to be operating better now. Thanks again.

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by dianna karamaena -

Thanks Joseph,
                       I dont know that the .xml files are either. Things appear to be operating better now. Thanks again.