Installing and upgrading help

Upgrade problem 1.9.3 to 1.9.5

Picture of Minas Pachnis
Upgrade problem 1.9.3 to 1.9.5

When i upgrade moodle from 1.9.3 to 1.9.5 everything seems to work fine. But when i try to insert a new activity, a resource or even edit an existing one i get blank page.

Same when i'm trying to add a new block, the page is refreshing but the block doesn't appear.

The upgrade has no errors or warnings and i try with both ways: overwrite the existing files and fresh copy of files with my db and config.php.

Any idea what should i look or what may be wrong and i can't add or edit anything?

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Minas Pachnis
Re: Upgrade problem 1.9.3 to 1.9.5

Forgot to mention that i get this message from 1.9.3 (current version)

WARNING!!! The code you are using is OLDER than the version that made these databases!

***edit: I change back to 1.9.3 on a local server and i notice the same issue, i can't add or change anything, but what is already in works fine.

Tim at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
Core developersDocumentation writersParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developers
Whenever you get a blank page, the first thing you should do is turn on Debugging to get an error message instead.

Picture of Minas Pachnis

Hi Tim, this is what i get from debuuging

Fatal error
: Call to undefined method MoodleQuickForm_hidden::MoodleQuickForm_hidden() in C:\xampp\htdocs\iclass.gr\lib\pear\HTML\QuickForm\element.php on line 363

Core developersDocumentation writersParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developers
Looking at the code, I can't see anything wrong that might lead to this error. The most likely thing is that you got a bad download, or something like that, so you don't have all the right files on your server. Can you check that out somehow (windiff what is on your server with a fresh download, or something like that)?

Picture of Minas Pachnis

I have tow backups of the moodle files, and both returns the same results, but just in case i re-download the moodle directory but i get the same error.

I found this thread http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=129528

Some ppl have problem with php 5.3 and moodle < 1.9.5 some others don't. Any other suggestions before i downgrade the xampp version to 1.7.1 with php 5.2?

Ah. That makes sense. I think the easiest thing is just to use PHP 5.2.x for a while longer.

Picture of Minas Pachnis

Thanks Tim, i'll change back to php 5.2 on Monday and i'll post the results.

Picture of Minas Pachnis

Everything seems to work fine when i downgrade to php 5.2

Thanks for your time Tim.