classwork/participation

final/mid term are 20% weighted average
quizzes are 15% weighted average
projects are 15% weighted average
classwork is 10% weighted average
participation is 10% weighted average
literacy project is 10% weighted average
homework is 10% weighted average

i really have no idea how to setup the categories and the weighting system, i see where to go to set it up, i just dont understand easily how to setup the categories, and set the weighting fore the overall course.

thank you so much everyone, im pretty good at tech issues, so i think ill be able to do good once i get assistance setting it up for the first time.

thanks
marcd

In reply to marc helfano

Re: Getting started with categories & weighting

by Bob Puffer -
Grades->Categories and items tab
- add each category listed using the "add a category" button. You only need give it the name
- once all your categories are added display the full view of the Categories and Items tab
- Set the aggregation method dropdown for the Main (name of the course) category to "weighted mean of grades.
- Set all the rest of the categories to Simple weighted mean of grades and assign them their respective weights (can be decimals or whole numbers -- gradebook will scale to 100
In reply to Bob Puffer

by marc helfano -
Hi Bob, and thanks for the quick reply.
i think im stuck on step 1 here, when i goto grades, i dont see asny tab for 'categories and items'

ive enclosed a copy of the screen i do indeed see when i click on grades.
thnaks again for your assistance, im confident onece i understand the setup and basics ill cruise.
im using moodle 1.9.4
Attachment grade_page1.gif
In reply to marc helfano

by Bob Puffer -
I'm sorry, I have the tendency to assume "tabs" are turned on for a site since I thought it was dumb that "tabbed" wasn't the default. You can either:
1. Click the "Choose and action"->Categories and items
2. Or if you're the administrator, go to the main page, Site administration block->Grades->General settings: Set navigation to tabs

Bob Puffer
In reply to marc helfano

by Marius Pretorius -
Hello Marc

I see you have names and marks displayed in the image above. I wonder about the privacy aspect of displaying such an image. Maybe you should rather ask the moderator to remove it. Just a suggestion smile

Greetings
Marius