Grade for Attempt: O%

Grade for Attempt: O%

by Deborah Delin -
Number of replies: 6

Hi Gordon,

I am stumped as to why my grade at the end of a Quizport is always 0%, whether I try as admin or student.

I have played with the settings - but whether I set the grading as Average or Highest, Total or Last, the score is always 0% (screenshot attached).

I apologise if this is a version issue but I didn't see this problem previously mentioned on the forum so I suspect I am just missing something.

Thank you.

Deborah

Attachment grading.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Deborah Delin

Re: Grade for Attempt: O%

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Several factors are important:

• quiz: maximum score
  • quiz: score weighting
  • unit: attempt grading method
  • unit: maximum grade
  • unit: grade weighting

To explain why the score comes to 0% we need the above information. Perhaps you could start by telling us the unit grade settings.

The report for the unit attempt will show the raw quiz attempt scores, the quiz scores, the unit attempt grades and the final unit grade. Looking at the report may help you understand what is going on.

If you could supply a link to the activity in question, I would be happy to come and have a look.

thanks
Gordon

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hold your horses ... I just remembered that there is a problem on your site that we identified earlier and that is that you are missing the unit attempt grading method field in your database. I think this is probably the cause of the 0%.

Please upgrade your QuizPort, confirm you have the unit attempt grading method field and then try this unit again

thanks
Gordon

by Deborah Delin -

Hi Gordon,

I have read the documentation and your posts about grading in Quizport and I think I have a rough idea of how it works.

I have been testing grading for a couple of hours this morning and I have come to the conclusion that there is a problem on my site.

I have set up some example Quizports on the front page of www.strivney.com.  However I set the grading I get a 0% grade.  I created a Quizport called "grade testing" with only one quiz in it.

http://www.strivney.com/mod/quizport/editquizzes.php?id=1552

Although I get 100% in the quiz, it scores 0%, however the grading is set. 

I do, however, get a grade on a Quizport I have on my www.strivney.co.il site.

I would be very grateful if you could have a look when you get a moment. 

Thank you,

Deborah

In reply to Deborah Delin

by Gordon Bateson -
Hi Deborah,
I had a look. I found that the quiz you had set up had a "Score weighting" of 0% (see attached screenshot). This means that the quiz score contributes 0% toward to the unit attempt grade and since there is only one quiz the unit attempt grade is always 0% and so the unit grade is always 0%.

If you change the "Score weighting" to 100%, I think the scoring will behave as you expect.

regards
Gordon
Attachment zero.weighting.png

by Deborah Delin -

Hi Gordon,

Thank you!  That was driving me mad!

I had not understood that the default of "No weighting" means that the quiz result is not taken into account in the attempt score.  I will change all my quizzes.

Thank you.

Deborah

by Deborah Delin -

You are right!

My Quizport version has been updated and the attempts are now being graded.

One problem sorted.........smile....

Thank you.

Deborah