Does Networking work on IIS

Does Networking work on IIS

by Howard Miller -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
As above... if all Moodles involved are in a pure Microsoft environment (IIS, MSSQL etc.) will networking work or not?

If there are restrictions or requirements that anyone is aware of info would be much appreciated.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Does Networking work on IIS

by Martín Langhoff -
It is designed to work on IIS too, and ISTR someone testing it on IIS in the early days.

So, modulo bugs and IIS weirdness, It Works (tm).

Of course, I have only seen IIS very briefly around 3 years ago now, after having abandoned IIS v1/v2 in... 1998? Must be about to change voice and do all the stupid things puberty brings. Doubt I'd recognise it...
In reply to Martín Langhoff

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Thanks Martín,

I normally try to avoid IIS but sometimes it catches up with me wink
In reply to Howard Miller

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Howard,

main issue is with openssl on windows - it can't always find the openssl.cnf file. I've added a fix to Moodle that gets around this - see:
http://docs.moodle.org/en/Moodle_Network_FAQ#Moodle_doesn.27t_generate_any_keys_on_the_networking_pages

I've written a patch for Mahara for this as well, but haven't had a chance to clean it up and commit quite yet!

hope that helps!
In reply to Dan Marsden

by Howard Miller -
Cheers Dan...

I'll bear that in mind (when it inevitably doesn't work) big grin