Linking in Description Field

Linking in Description Field

by Bruce Frey -
Number of replies: 4

Recently, I noticed that I can't have two links in the desription field of an assignment. For assignments I created some time ago that have two links, they are OK but any new assignments will only accept one link.

In the description field of an assignment, I'll typically link to an instruction page and then link to a download file. Both of these files I would store in a folder within the Files part of my course.

Also, I am using Moodle 1.9.5

Thank you.

Bruce

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Bruce Frey

Re: Linking in Description Field

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi there. I am sure I have seen this problem - only being able to do one link - as a bug somewhere or other. If nobody else posts imminently I will go and do a search and get back to you.
In reply to Bruce Frey

by barbara beckmeyer -
Hi Bruce,
What type of assignment are you using? I tried using the Advanced Uploading of files Assignment and had no problem creating multiples links to files in the "Files" area from within the description.

Barbara
In reply to barbara beckmeyer

by Bruce Frey -
Hello Barbara

Thank you along with Mary for taking the time to reply to my problem. I have since narrowed the problem down and solved it I believe. As I stated, for a few months I haven't been able to have multiple links in an assignment description field.

Tonight I found out that it works fine with Firefox. I tried Internet Explorer version 8 again and it didn't work. I then saw something called the compatibility view in IE8 and turned it on. After I turned it on, then I could have multiple links or should I say the window that allows you to browse for your file would display.

Thanks again.

Regards
Bruce Frey
Dean Technical High School
Holyoke, MA
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Bruce Frey

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Thanks Bruce - I knew I had read of this somewhere before; I will bear this in mind myself.