Print a record

Print a record

by Barbara Scott -
Number of replies: 4
Does anyone know an easy way for a student to print his/her record so that the record appears on one piece of paper? I can do the print preview and shrink to fit operation but is there a one-click button anywhere do you think?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Barbara Scott

Re: Print a record

by Marius Pretorius -
Hello Barbara

As far as I can see, the printing of any information from Moodle happens through the browser printing function. The database module is very rudimentary. I don't think that there is an easier solution to the one you have discovered. I've read comments somewhere, I think, of changing the cascacing style sheets in order to remove the 'extras' around the information that one actually wants to view/print but I have no experience in that line.

Greetings
Marius
In reply to Marius Pretorius

by Barbara Scott -

Hi Marius,

thanks for the tip about altering the extras around the information. I might try that when I have a quiet moment (rarely occurs though).

I have also posted a note about how one previews the list or single view from the template screens. That would be very handy, rather than having to save the changes and switching to list or single view each time to see the effect of the alterations.

Barbara 

In reply to Barbara Scott

by Frank Ralf -
Hi Barbara,

I think this is the information Marius refers to: Stylish#Print_style_for_Database_records.

The forum discussion is at http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=117982.

hth
Frank