Seeking course content for Instructional Design students to "Moodle-ize"

Re: Seeking course content for Instructional Design students to "Moodle-ize"

by Don Hinkelman -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Dear Amy,

This is a great way to do some ID training as a real project. I admire your approach. Without reading all the comments and useful insights in this forum, here are two comments to consider:
  • Prepare all video, audio and resources by January 1st: Actually, you should warn your students that this little comment is really 90% of the process of Moodlizing content. I have Moodlized three or four courses for foreign language learning and these tasks consume huge amounts of time. Needless to say, for this reason I cannot participate in your kind offer. However, if you want to take an already-Moodlized course and have students improve it, please contact me--I have several in speech communication and intercultural communication.
  • Blended learning as a predominant form of instruction: You did not mention whether your designs are blended, but all of my classes using Moodle are blended classes. We use blended learning spaces and about 20% of classtime is spent online. Another one hour per week is spent online with homework tasks. I am not sure of your emphasis in your IDT classes, but I think the vast majority of Moodle teachers use it in blended situations. Further, I recommend blended over pure online classes for a variety of reasons--learning styles, non-verbal interaction, groupwork and pairwork for example.
Good luck!
Don Hinkelman
Sapporo Gakuin University