Left right, left right

Re: Left right, left right

by Martin Dougiamas -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
The browser is doing a lot of this ... I don't know too much about it but I think to do it properly every phrase needs language or direction tags around it - something like that.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by dovix :) -
Found the problem!!! it's a simple matter of page encoding.

I tried this with Mozilla Firefox:

- go to the Moodle homepage (http://moodle.org/)
- change the language to Hebrew (he)
- English will show reversed. Now change the browser's encoding from  Hebrew Visual (ISO-8859-8) to Hebrew Logical (ISO-8859-8-I)
- English will now show correctly

I noticed the page source provides the wrong locale guideline to the browser after switching to hebrew (charset=iso-8859-8). Changing that to the right one might solve the problem (no idea how to do that, It's my first day with Moodle;)
In reply to dovix :)

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Fixed in CVS. Download the new HE lang pack from moodle.org/download/lang after the date of the langpack has changed to 9 october.

Thanks for sorting this out!
In reply to koen roggemans

Thanks for such a quick & prompt resolution! smile

I'm going to try that as soon as I get my own installation sorted.

I did a test with the latest daily build, and it works. Thanks!

However, there's still one minor issue I encountered during installation.

I selected Hebrew as the installation language, but the page encoding remained the westerm (ISO-8859-1) one.

I changed this manually and had no subsequent encoding issues throughout the install.

However, this is a lower priority issue.

Just in case somebody would like to try this out, note there is a small issue after changing the encoding to Hebrew that causes some of the parameters (e.g. $a->user) not to work.

This is a problem on the translation files. I fixed as many of those as I could find and I am trying to contact the previous translator to merge-in the changes.

With this changes, Moodle displays Hebrew interface wonderfully.

For more details, and updated translations to play with, please refer to: http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=8876
In reply to dovix :)

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Changes are in CVS now -> few hours delay for anonymous, 9 GMT for langpack