How do I add a flash banner to the header?

How do I add a flash banner to the header?

by Anita Rajagopalan -
Number of replies: 4
Can anyone tell me how to add a flash banner to the header of my moodle site? What modifications are required in the code?

Anita
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Anita Rajagopalan

Re: How do I add a flash banner to the header?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Have a look at the Themes FAQ in the docs smile
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Anita Rajagopalan -
I have looked at this but it does not address the issue of adding flash content to the header.
In reply to Anita Rajagopalan

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Anita,
Are you absolutely certain you want to add a flash banner to your moodle site? From an accessibility point of view, any element on a web page that "flashes" or "blinks" is distracting and makes it harder to concentrate on the other parts, especially text to be read. Such animated banners look nice at first, but then they can quickly become obtrusive and get on people's nerves, which is surely the last thing you'd want to happen.
Many people who surf the Web are fed up with the flashing and blinking elements, usually advertisement, which sprinkle the pages.
I would certainly advise you to think twice before putting any flash banner on your moodle site.
All the best,
Joseph