quizport terminology

Re: quizport terminology

by Gordon Bateson -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Robert,
the terminology is important. In the following document, I have tried to describe the the concepts and terminology I use when talking about QuizPort:
From the above document, you will see that a QuizPort activity includes not only the unit of quizzes but also the entry and exit pages.

I agree with you that the collection of quizzes can be referred to as a unit.

However, I think "Retry this activity" expresses more clearly what will happen than "Retry this unit" because the students will see not only the unit of quizzes but also the entry and exit pages.

> For me the term "activity" is more synonymous with an individual quiz
> rather than a collection of quizzes.

That may be true for you, but the word "Activity" is already established in Moodleland as the generic term used to refer to module that adds a link to the central column on the course page. Therefore. I think Moodle users so should understand the phrase "Retry this activity", but they may be confused by "Retry this unit" because they may be unaware of the special meaning of "unit" within the QuizPort way of looking at things.

Also, the phrase "unit attempt" seems reasonable to me because it is the score for the unit of quizzes. Students don't get a score for viewing the entry and exit pages.

regards
Gordon