Resume button not clear

Resume button not clear

by Glenys Hanson -
Number of replies: 2
Hi Gordon,

Is there a way to make the Resume button more conspicuous? I've just had an email from an irate lady on the other site of France frustrated she couldn't get past the first exercise which happend to be a JGloss she was also having trouble understanding.

It took me a while to work out what she was doing: She didn't notice the Resume button and kept clicking on the "Start new attempt button" which is far larger and easier to see (even longer in French, see below), and of course the one she'd clicked on at her first attempt.

Also what is the icon supposed to represent? It looks like a magnifying glass. Couldn't it be a button with Resume on it? Does it have to be an icon?

Cheers,
Glenys
Attachment 25-10-2009_21-50-27.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Glenys Hanson

Re: Resume button not clear

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Glenys,
interestingly enough, the "what is the icon supposed to represent" icon used to be a resume button. But depending on the settings, there could be several attempts, possibly even many attempts, that can be resumed, in which case there would be lots of [Resume] buttons all shouting for attention. I was afraid it would be confusing. The little icons made the page cleaner and clearer to me, but then of course I know what the icons mean.

One workaround you could use in the short-term is to set the "Allow resume" setting for the QuizPort to "Force" instead of "Yes". Then if she ever came into the QuizPort and there was an attempt in progress, the good lady of Gaul would be shown automatically, and without the need to choose any buttons or icons, the "in progress" attempt. She would only see the list of unit attempts once she had finished an attempt, and there would be no mystifying magnifying glasses.

In the longer term, probably this morning, I will see if I can reinstate the resume button.

many thanks
Gordon
In reply to Gordon Bateson

Re: Resume button not clear

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Glenys,
I have changed the resume icon to a button - actually it is a link that looks like a button. Hope this will be clearer.

The new button is available in the latest version of the QuizPort module:
please pass on my best regards to to the other site (side?) of France wink
Gordon