Courses visible only when enrolled

Courses visible only when enrolled

by Jason Yeates -
Number of replies: 2
How would I correctly set up categories that are invisible to all but those who are enrolled in a course within the category?

Example: We have 100 categories of courses available - we only want you to see the categories/courses that you are enrolled in.

I'm having some problems with this, people are not able to see the courses they are enrolled into. sad
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jason Yeates

Re: Courses visible only when enrolled

by Rhonda Miga -
This is exactly what we do with our courses.

We manually enroll students in each course. If they are not enrolled in that course, it does not appear on their My Courses menu.

When you add the BLOCK "My Courses" it will show only those courses available to that student.

Click Turn Editing On and a BLOCKS pull down menu will appear at the bottom of the page (right side ...not sure if this changes with different settings. Mine is right side). This will show you all the BLOCKS you can open and My Courses is one of them.

However, they may still be able to see "all courses" if they scroll to the bottom of the list in the middle of the page and select "all courses." But they cannot access them unless they are enrolled.
In reply to Jason Yeates

Re: Courses visible only when enrolled

by Robert Brenstein -
What you want is not supported in standard Moodle.

If you want users to see only their courses, you could activate myMoodle. But then, they have no access to course categories at all.

Hiding categories is actually usually counterproductive, so you should rethink your approach. If you want to separate users, so they don't see each other stuff, you can run multiple instances of Moodle.