Administrator role for only one course.

Administrator role for only one course.

by eraldo giraz -
Number of replies: 3
Not sure if this is possible.

This is what I need to do:
I have a client who wishes to explore the course design/structure, in order to do so, they need to be an administrator. However for obvious reasons, I cannot enrol them as an admin for the entire Moodle; as this would give them unrestricted access to our entire materials.

Instead, is it possible for them to be assigned the role of Admin for just a single course?

//Alternative
If this is not possible, the only alternative I can think of, is to create a duplicate moodle with only this course in it. From there I would enrol them as System Administrator and they would be free to explore as they wished.

This seems like the most difficult, but also the best option. Is this at all feasible? If so, would anyone mind pointing me in the direction of implementing this?

Thanks for any help.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to eraldo giraz

Re: Administrator role for only one course.

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
What you are asking doesn't (sorry) make any sense.

You can make someone an admin in a course if you want but it won't do anything useful as admin isn't a course "thing".

I guess it comes down to *exactly* what you mean by "explore the course design/structure". If this is one particular course what is it they cannot do as a simple teacher that you think they will be able to do as an admin?
In reply to Howard Miller

by eraldo giraz -
Yeah, I've realised that now. What they meant by full admin, was access to the FTP. So my only option is to create a sort of ...mini moodle for them and grant them access to that.

In reply to eraldo giraz

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
So... nothing to do with Moodle at all really. Glad you got to the bottom of it wink