Front Page Settings has vanished!

Front Page Settings has vanished!

by Kavi Ranglall -
Number of replies: 5
I am an administrator and I am able to do everything as an administrator. However, i have no rights to change the Frontpage Settings. The link to Frontpage is there, but the Front Page Settings link has vanished. Anyone can help please!!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kavi Ranglall

Re: Front Page Settings has vanished!

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

What happens when you type in

http://YOURMOODLE.COM/admin/settings.php?section=frontpagesettings

with your moodle being yourmoodle of course!

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Kavi Ranglall -

It says ACCESS DENIED!!

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Are there any other admins who can check for you that you haven't been assigned a lower role on the front page? Have you yourself done anything in terms of changing permissions recently?
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Kavi Ranglall -
I was fiddling with the Site News setting. Then with the frontpage settings. When I reset the page, it was gone!

by Sean Dagony-Clark -
Kavi, in case you've not gotten this figured out by now (hopefully you have):
1) Go to YOURMOODLE.COM/admin
2) Go to frontpage > frontpage roles
3) Override the admin role permissions to allow the bottom two entries (view block and manage site-level blocks)

This should fix the problem. You'll now be able to go back to frontpage settings and undo whatever you did. Probably has something to do with the default role or with an override on that page.

Best,
Sean