ANTI VIRUS for SECURITY "UPLOADING DATA"

ANTI VIRUS for SECURITY "UPLOADING DATA"

by Jet Batung Bakal -
Number of replies: 6

Just want to ask if the moodle installation has an anti-virus for checking those data upload by the user? If the answer is NO, Is there a way putting up anti-virus that moodle installed will say that a certain upload has a virus that might affect the performance and made unusual in the site? also alert admin to do appropriate action on that?

Curious and Wondering

JB  

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jet Batung Bakal

Re: ANTI VIRUS for SECURITY "UPLOADING DATA"

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Jet Batung Bakal -
Thank YousmileBy the way Sir is this anti-virus can also affect performance? or speed up more?

by E. L. Cooper -
I have never seen an anti virus that will speed up a system. Antivirus by nature creates system tasks.
In reply to E. L. Cooper

by Jet Batung Bakal -
HEHEsmile okay sir but this anti-virus will add burden in my system with regards to performance? And I already try following the link given by Mr. Tim but I can't figure out how can I put it in my system is there step-by-step procedure?

by Stephen Bloomer -

If you have Anti-Virus on your server it should automaticly protect/check any files uploaded to the server. I would consider this an OS protection issue and not a Moodle issue.

Steve

by Jon Witts -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
To give you step by step instructions we would need much more information from you. i.e. Webserver version, Server Operating system...