Creating a custom Moodle theme

Creating a custom Moodle theme

by Tyler Bithell -
Number of replies: 1
I am trying to use the Chameleon theme to create a custom theme to suit my needs. When I try to replace the header-home text with a background image. However when I do the text for the name of the course is still visible, so I made the text color transparent. WEll that got rid of the text, but not he underline that is not in the style, but always seems to be there. Even when I replaced the name with "." there was still a small underline. I turned to the forums and I found this post that explains that you can change the theme.html file to add your own custom logo.
http://docs.moodle.org/en/Header_logo

However, I don't have a header.html file anywhere in my Moodle install let alone in the theme folder. I did a normal full install of Moodle by down loading the source from the site and running through the configuration. I have no idea why I don't have that file, or why the Chameleon title has to be underlined.

Any help will be very much appreciated. Thanks!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tyler Bithell

Re: Creating a custom Moodle theme

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers
Well, that is weird..."I don't have a header.html file anywhere in my Moodle"... there should be a header.html file in the root of all the themes in your installation.

The Header_logo file you reached is the one you need, however, you may want to look at this file on the Chameleon theme and this one on creating your own theme
Attachment theme.gif
Average of ratings: Useful (1)