NEW HOT POTATOS 6.3 VERSION

NEW HOT POTATOS 6.3 VERSION

by Claire Browne -
Number of replies: 9
Hi,

When is moodle going to include the hot potatos 6.3 version?

I can download it to a local machine, but i cannot upload to moodle.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Claire Browne

Re: NEW HOT POTATOS 6.3 VERSION

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I'm not sure what you mean Claire? You can make your  Hotpotatoes exercises offline and then upload the files to Moodle as long as you have hotpotatoes enabled in site admin>modules>activities (the eye enabled) The hotpotatoes version doesn't reside in Moodle.
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Claire Browne -
well hot potatos has a new version out 6.3

i dont know what moodle 1.9.5 hot potatos version is?

i didnt want to roll out to our teachers and then find we cannot upload to moodle.

by Anton Coltham -
Hi Claire

Have you done a recent upgrade of Moodle? If so you might have to enable Hot Potatoes ("Site Admin > Activities > Manage Activities" and then make sure that the eye of the Hot Potatoes is open) If this is not done then you wont see "Hot Potatoes" as an option under "Add an activity".

wink
In reply to Anton Coltham

by Claire Browne -
Sorry, i think you have mis read my thread. you may need to have another look.

by Anton Coltham -
Hi Claire

I'm using the new Hot Potatoes version with no uploading issues.

What is happening on your side - where does the process break down for you?

mixed
In reply to Anton Coltham

by Claire Browne -
Oh no its not breaking down.

I wondered was researching if you could still use version 6.3 hotpotatoes to create things, then upload to moodle without any problems??

I didnt want to roll it out to teachers and then find moodle hot potato activity to be in compatible.

by Anton Coltham -
Oh - I get it.

Hot Potatoes activities work brilliantly with Moodle. The reporting and detailed statistics generated by Moodle make it a valuable teaching and diagnostic tool.

They are a great starting point for teachers developing online courses, wanting to include self-marking interactives. They are very easy to create yet also cater for those who want to create some more advanced activities. Media (video, sound, swf ...) can be embedded anywhere into any of the activities.

Any of the recent Hot Potatoes versions would be fine, but it would make sense to use the latest version (6.3).