User already created but... "Invalid Login"

User already created but... "Invalid Login"

by Victoria Loisi -
Number of replies: 6

Hello all!

I´ve created an admin user directely from the database, because I couldn´t do it from the installation process (http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=13438).

This is the code that I´ve used, and the system told me that the user was added successfully:

INSERT INTO moodle_user
(id,auth,confirmed,deleted,username,password,idnumber,firstname,lastname,email,emailstop,icq,phone1,phone2,institution,department,address,city,country,lang,timezone,firstaccess,lastaccess,lastlogin,currentlogin,lastIP,secret,picture,url,description,mailformat,maildigest,maildisplay,htmleditor,autosubscribe,timemodified)
VALUES ('', '', '', '', 'admin','123', '', 'Victoria', 'Loisi',
'victorialoisi@softhome.net', '', '',  '',  '',  '',  '',  '',  'Buenos Aires',  'Argentina',  '',  '',  '',  '',  '',  '',  '',  '',  '',  '',  '',  '',  '',  '',  '',  '',  '')

Now, when I try to login it tells me: Invalid login, please try again.

What can I do? I already asked the Hosting, but the server seems to work fine...

Thanks for all your help!!! I´m completely clueless!!

Victoria

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Victoria Loisi

Re: User already created but... "Invalid Login"

by Victoria Loisi -

The error log tells me that apparently there´s a problem inside the admin index file:

Premature end of script headers: /www/docs/ligadelconsorcista.org/public_html/escuela/admin/index.php

I must add that I´ve created a new user with the form that´s within the page, and this new user could enter to the site perfectly, withouth any problem.

My problem seems to be in the admin section...

sad

by Pablo Etcheverry -
Picture of Core developers
Hola, Victoria!

Creo que el problema que tenemos es con towebs... yo también tengo el mismo problema y no lo tengo en ninguna de mis n instalaciones. Estoy un poco bastante desorientado, si tenés alguna novedad por favor posteala acá. Yo ya mandé un ticket, te aviso cualquier novedad, pero fijate que parece ser por ESTO.
Suerte!
Pablo

---
Hi, Victoria!
I think we have the same problem and the same ISP. I couldn't replicate the problem in other installations so I think we should talk to them...
Good luck,
Pablo
In reply to Pablo Etcheverry

by Victoria Loisi -

Qué bueno encontrar a alguien que hable español por acá!

Pero es espectacular encontrar a alguien con Towebs!!! De hecho, tuve bastantes problemas para instalar sistemas de comunidades en Towebs (como Mambo, Drupal, Logicampus).

Es posible que el problema esté en Towebs, pero en el Ticket que en su momento mandé me contestaron que ellos no se ocupan de dar soporte para estas cosas, por lo que me dejaron a mi suerte.

Dado que por mi cuenta estoy tratando de ver cómo salgo de ésta, si tengo más info te aviso desde acá. Igualmente mi email es victorialoisi@softhome.net.

Por favor, si tenés alguna pista posteala.

Un abrazo,

Victoria

--------------------------------------------------

How cool is to find someone who talks spanish! And even better ... that shares the same Hosting company!

In fact, I must confess that I had some trouble to install some community systems on this hosting (as Mambo, Drupal, Logicampus).

Maybe the problem IS in the ISP. I talked to them severals days ago... but... no luck ...

I´m still trying to get this working, so, I´m gonna tell you if I have some news. My email is victorialoisi@softhome.net.

Please post here if you have some info from our ISP.

Regards,

Victoria

by Pablo Etcheverry -
Hi, Victoria.

I'll respect the "common" language and save the effort for translating to spanish... since we both can communicate in English (weird, isn't it? pensativo).
    Anyway, I found the part where this page hangs. It is in the call to the upgrade_activity_modules function. I traced into this function and isolated the problem adding some debugging lines:
	96     foreach ($mods as $mod) {
     	98         if ($mod == "NEWMODULE") {   // Someone has unzipped the template, ignore it
     	99             continue;
    	100         }
    	101 print_r($mod); 	//MY ADDITIONS
    	102 echo"<br>";		//MY ADDITIONS
    	103         $fullmod = "$CFG->dirroot/mod/$mod";

This resulted in a WEIRDDDDD output when calling "/admin/index.php". Sometimes I got this:

assignment
chat
choice
forum

and some times I got this:

assignment
chat
choice
forum
glossary

This is where I got till now, I couldn't put more time in this issue, but maybe this gives some clue for someone...
Cheers/Besos!
    Pablo

by Pablo Etcheverry -
Hi!

I kept on debugging. I found the process used to stop in adminlib.php after
include_once("$fullmod/db/$CFG->dbtype.php");  // defines upgrading function

...which is strange, since this just includes the update function for the DB. I tried with an empty dbtype.php file, with just the return true and voilá! the process went ahead, but stopped in another module's include.

What I understand is that the problem seems to be in the memory assigned to PHP process, not to MySQL. I think that PHP just dies when it can't include any more code in the current process.
    Hope our beloved ISP solves the problem...
       Cheers/abrazos,
          Pablo

by Victoria Loisi -

Hehe, I think that you´re right... it´s better this way (and wierd too!, maybe it´s because of this "global syndrome" or something...smile).

Some news?

I talked with our ISP by phone some minutes ago and explained the problem -again- and they told me to call later when the administrators came angry.

I´m not a programmer so my help it is not very valuable but maybe the ISP have to change the way that they configurated PHP in some way... the thing is that I don´t know how PHP should be configurated to work propely with Moodle...

I had some time ago a very similar issue with another OnLineCurse system, and the problem was that Toweb´s Server was configurated as CGI and not as Apache... I really hope that Towebs will help us this time...

Again, thank you VERY much for your posts Pablo!

Un beso,

Victoria