Unable to change admin profile (new install)

Unable to change admin profile (new install)

by Zoran Tocilj -
Number of replies: 14
After the initial installation that passed without an error, i was redirected to admin profile where i am unable to change anything. When i hit "Update profile" i get the sam unfilled page again. I am using mysql database and all tables exist in the database.
I even tried to add a new user and it sends me back to admin profile.

I am able to edit admin page, add things etc.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Zoran Tocilj

Re: Unable to change admin profile (new install)

by Zoran Tocilj -
I have reinstaller Moodle 1.9.5+ and same thing happens, i get stuck at " I even tried to use adminfix.php and it works, it changes the password but now i am stuck at "Change password" screen. Please help me with this i am stuck for two days now and i really need it up next week.

In reply to Zoran Tocilj

Svar: Re: Unable to change admin profile (new install)

by Bjorn Normann -
Did you run yourmoodle/admin to update your database after updating to 1.9.5?
In reply to Bjorn Normann

Re: Svar: Re: Unable to change admin profile (new install)

by Zoran Tocilj -
I did a clean install, and when it did not work i deleted moodle dir and installed it again.

you can try my prob at http://www.sportskamedicina.com/moodle/

user: admin
pass: moodle

In reply to Zoran Tocilj

Re: Svar: Re: Unable to change admin profile (new install)

by Zoran Tocilj -
Better use this one to see my probl:

http://www.diomed.hr/moodle/

admin
admin

Try changing admin pass or anything in admin profile.
In reply to Zoran Tocilj

Svar: Re: Svar: Re: Unable to change admin profile (new install)

by Bjorn Normann -
It might be the rights on the files in moodle. You can try to run a chmod -R 755 moodle (in the moodle directory) if you run on a linux box.

In reply to Bjorn Normann

Re: Svar: Re: Svar: Re: Unable to change admin profile (new install)

by Zoran Tocilj -
It looks to me also that rights could be the issue. i do not have shell access but ill use FTP. Should all dirs/files be 755? My folders are 755 but files are 644.
In reply to Zoran Tocilj

by Zoran Tocilj -
Changed everything from 644 to 755 and no change :/
In reply to Zoran Tocilj

by Bill Barnett -
If I have read your initial post correctly I am sad to report that I am having the same issue. Here's my situation:

* I am performing a clean install on an Ubuntu 9.04 server using the Moodle 1.9.5 source and not the 'apt' package which would have installed Moodle 1.8.

* The installation proceeds normally until I reach the "Setup administrator account" page (user/editadvanced.php).

* No matter what I enter I am returned to the same page requesting that I set up an administrator account.

In desperation I submitted the form without modification and it highlights all the required fields. As I entered data in each of these fields the errors were cleared but after I have completed all fields the form still reloads with all the original (unchanged) data preloaded.

For those thinking this might be a permissions issue I created a copy of the installation directory and turned on 'group' and 'other' write access (chmod go+w) and the problem persisted.

My next step is to perform a local installation and try running xdebug (via NetBeans) to see if this is a Moodle bug.

Any assistance anyone could offer would be very much appreciated.
In reply to Bill Barnett

by Zoran Tocilj -
I installed ver 2.0 and it works correctly so it must be a bug.
In reply to Zoran Tocilj

by Bill Barnett -
OK. I never determined the root cause but I reloaded the Moodle root URL and logged in with the admin/admin default username/password and performed the following steps:

1. I edited my profile and updated my name, password, city, and country the latter two of which were the only two required fields not pre-populated on the administrator account setup page during the installation. Thank worked fine.

2. Since I apparently missed the front page set-up because I could not progress past the administrator account setup page I had to go in and setup the front page by visiting the root URL of my Moodle installation and then select "Front Page" from the "Site Administration" menu, Once I had the front page setup I had access to the navigation menus which simplified things considerably.

I know this is a hack but it got me going when I could find no other documented evidence of this issue except the original post above.

I would be interested in hearing from anyone that eventually resolves this issue.
In reply to Bill Barnett

by Zoran Tocilj -
FINALLY i solved my problem

wwwroot was set http://something.com and it should be http://WWW.something.com

smile
In reply to Zoran Tocilj

by Nigel Cunningham -

I got caught by the same thing! Thanks for posting your message - I would never have thought to check that setting without it.

In reply to Bill Barnett

by Jeanelle Isaacs -

Hi! I'm installing v2.0.2 and having the same issue.

The wwwroot in the config.php file is already set to have the www's

What do you mean by you "reloaded the Moodle root URL"??? What is the root url? how do I do that?

In reply to Jeanelle Isaacs

by Juan Carlos Gutiérrez -

The root URL is th URL address that your users will use in the URL field in your web browser. It must be unique, and registeren in the DNS system.

You can use www.yourdomain.com/your_moodle_path  OR

youdomain.com/your_moodle_path

the only important thing is taht this MUST be registered and universally locatable by the globa DNS system.

Juan Carlos.