EMERGENCY: Restore broke my installation

Re: EMERGENCY: Restore broke my installation

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Richard,

but... when you select "restore to existing course"... then a new page allowing you to choose one (existing) course should be displayed, isn't it? Or is the restore process executed "immediately" without showing that "choose a course" page?

In any case, if my memory isn't wrong, there are two bugs that could, potentially be causing problems like that under certain circumstances:

- MDL-19246: When fixing this bug, a lot of code in the "new/current/existing" algorithm was fixed to improve all those combinations that were causing problems before.

- MDL-18469: That prevents some problems with sessions to cause problems with courses being restored in different courses and other data lost. Now all the restore settings are checked before continue with the restore process.

Both bugs are already fixed in current Moodle 1.9.5+ weeklies and will debut officially in next Moodle 1.9.6, so I'd suggest you to upgrade to any of them.

Ciao smile