Hidden but Accessible resources and activities

Hidden but Accessible resources and activities

by P K -
Number of replies: 1
Hello. I would like to create a course that has both public and private parts for guests and registered users. My idea was to make the private resources and activities hidden and give the registered users permissions to see the hidden parts of the courses. Thus, when a guest logs in my course he could only see the public parts and the registered user could see both public and private parts.

The problem here is that when a resource or an activity is hidden it is also inaccessible is there any way to bypass this? or is there any other way to make public and private parts in a course? thanks a lot in advance for your help.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to P K

Re: Hidden but Accessible resources and activities

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
It was never really designed to work that way. If you are manually creating and assigning users Groupings might help you.

I've usually ended up creating a copy of the course and removing the bits I didn't want guests to see in the 'public' copy. It's usually a lot simpler and quicker in the end.