Trouble shooting

Trouble shooting

by Mark Rollins -
Number of replies: 5

Hi folks,

Seem to have lost the "HTML Editor" facility when using compose web page, or in a label for example, I just have full text. This seems to have only appeared over the last week? and not on all off my courses??

In addition in the same course I have also lost links to images I placed as a label?

I have tried the following:-

• Upgraded to Moodle 1.9
  • Updated Internet explorer
  • same problem is on my other computer (so don't think it is the computer or security settings?)

Any suggestions appreciated.

Mark

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mark Rollins

Re: Trouble shooting

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
What is the path to the image where you have lost the link? Does that give any clue as to what might be going on?
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Mark Rollins -

Hi Mary,

The path to the images seems OK.

Link to image in Label that is missing:-

File link

It's very strange because it was OK last week, and some of my other courses are OK and the HTML editor works fine. Only thing I can think of is that I create the  course whilst working on a computer at work, but that was several weeks ago and it was fine until this week.

Mark

In reply to Mark Rollins

by Lynn Scarlet Clark -
Hello - this is something that you've probably checked, but just on the off-chance that it's the simplest things that we often overlook, did you accidentally turn off HTML editor in your profile page?

Apologies if this is teaching granny to suck eggs, but:

in your profile page, click on the edit profile tab, in Advanced settings where it says 'When editing text' make sure 'Use HTML editor' is selected from the drop down list.

If that's not it, I'll have a think - something could have corrupted your TINYMCE.

In reply to Lynn Scarlet Clark

by Mark Rollins -

Hi Scarlet,

It gets stranger, I had done what you suggested and nothing!! however I have just tried it again and whoopie it works....unfortunately during the process of fixing this problem I seem to have created a bigger problem during updating to Moodle 1.9.4 by the fact I seem to have lost my courses!!!!

Currently in the process of contacting my provider to see if they can restore them? if not at least I can start again.

....." I hate computers" comes to mind

Thanks for the suggestions

Mark

In reply to Mark Rollins

by Lynn Scarlet Clark -
Oh Mark - best of luck with that! Did you take a back up of the previous version before you upgraded - you could roll back to that, and then test out 1.9.4 on a ghost/test server before you re-install.

Good luck with it all - send me a message direct if you think I can help.