Can certificate be hidden but useable w/Scorm Course?

Can certificate be hidden but useable w/Scorm Course?

by Alice Cennamo -
Number of replies: 0
Hello all,

I am running Moodle (1.9.4 I believe) and I am new to it. I spent the weekend working on installing and getting the certificate module (and verification and report add ons) working with my set up. LOVE the professional look of the certificates by the way!

I have an Articulate Presenter (Scorm 1.2) on the site added in as a course. It seems to work best with the course set to Scorm. After many tries at how to best set up student access to the certificate, I settled on leaving it visible but set that the Scorm activity must be complete with a grade of 80% or better. It can be accesses either from the main course page or by reaching the end of a one question lesson.

If I hide the certificate; it will not issue- students get an error message, and the add the certificate as a topic suggestion does not seem to be an option with the couse in Scorm mode. Am I missing something here? Is there a better way to do this? I originally tried following the instructions provided with the certificate module- but could not get it to work with this set up.
Average of ratings: -