CMS integrations: How I can install together Joomla and Moodle?

CMS integrations: How I can install together Joomla and Moodle?

by Yulia I -
Number of replies: 4
Joomla will be used for main page and forum, moodle - only for courses. What I need to do? Set 2 MySql bases? Put Moodle catalog inside Joomla?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Yulia I

Re: CMS integrations: How I can install together Joomla and Moodle?

by Glenys Hanson -
Hello Yulia,

I can't explain how you do it but it is possible to make a Joomla - Moodle bridge so that there is just one login to both and Moodle is viewed inside Joomla. Apparently it's a little tricky to do.

This link may help Moodle - Joomla Bridge and this forum discussion Joomla Moodle Bridge Login help

I too would be interested to here from people who've recently succeeded with this.

Cheers,
Glenys
In reply to Yulia I

by Jeffrey Kontur -
Joomla has a free plugin called JFusion, which is Moodle-aware. (It also interfaces with a number of other softwares.) JFusion can be used as a single sign-on solution. Install it as a Joomla component and make it the default login module. Disable the Joomla login module. There's a bit of configuration that must be done within JFusion but it can all be done through the Joomla interface (no coding) and it's mostly self-explanatory.

We had this working perfectly. It will let your Joomla visitors get into your Moodle site without any additional sign-on. It will also keep profile information synchronized. Be aware that there won't be any other real communication between Joomla and Moodle. You can put Moodle into a Joomla iFrame but it's just a dumb window-within-a-window. If you need the two systems to interact, you may be out of luck.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Jeffrey Kontur

by Yulia I -
There is one small problem. If I delete user in Joomla he can logged in Moodle with the same account.
In reply to Jeffrey Kontur

by Anne Sauvy -
Hello, iinstall Moodle and Joomla and JFusion.

But i'm not sure of the configuration...
Could you help me to configure correctly JFusion ?

My Questions :
1) do i put in joomla "external database" => to joomla database , table jos_users ?
or do i have 2 tables users (one in Moodle database and one in Joomla database) ?

2) with the defalt configuration, (not with external database), when 1 create a user in moodle and i synchronyse, it dont work in joomla (password error)...
but, if a rewrite the password il joomla (the user was create with the synchro) , it ok..

So what can i do for good synchro ?

3) sometime, when i connect me, il can read il joomla (in front page) a error "Curl..."
il dont know what is curl and i dont configur curl ..
The login dont work at first, and then 2 or 3 time after it work correctly...

4) (sorry many questions...) How do you do to put Moodle in a wrapper or in iframe in Joomla...

Thank to help me,
Sauvy