teachers invisible after upgrade to 1.4

teachers invisible after upgrade to 1.4

by Kris Gonnissen -
Number of replies: 10

After an upgrade to version 1.4.1 (and 1.4.2) all the teachers are invisible. When I assign a teacher to a course, nothing seems to be happened, and the teacher doesn't appear in the course, but he still can work as a teacher...

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kris Gonnissen

Re: teachers invisible after upgrade to 1.4

by Josh Jones -

I had the same exact thing happen to all my students.  Now nobody is enrolled in my courses, but they can still login, have grades, etc.  They even say they are enrolled...

I had to back-rev to 1.3.5...

josh

In reply to Josh Jones

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I'm not seeing this, but a few people have said this lately.

Exactly when did you download the code, and where from? 

Do not downgrade sites to 1.3 from 1.4 unless you are using a backup database.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Kris Gonnissen -

Download from http://moodle.org/download.php/sourceforge/moodle-1.4.1.zip - 21. Sept. and  http://moodle.org/download.php/stable14/moodle-latest-14.zip  - 2. Oct.

On a brand new testsite (same hosting) with a new (empty) MySQL-databank everything works fine.

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hmm .. Did you visit the admin page after upgrading the files?

by Kris Gonnissen -

Yes, I did...
When I want to see or assign teachers, this error appears (at last with debug = Yes  blozend)

Unknown column 'u.maildigest' in 'field list'

SELECT u.id, u.username, u.firstname, u.lastname, u.maildisplay, u.mailformat, u.maildigest, u.email, u.city, u.country, u.lastlogin, u.picture, u.lang, u.timezone, u.emailstop, t.authority,t.role,t.editall,t.timeaccess as lastaccess FROM mdl_user u, mdl_user_teachers t WHERE t.course = '74' AND t.userid = u.id AND u.deleted = '0' AND u.confirmed = '1' ORDER by t.authority ASC

by Martin Dougiamas -
Aha, now that should definitely have been added during the upgrade process.

What version were you upgrading from?

Quickfix:  Save this tiny script in your moodle folder and run it:

<?php
   require('config.php');
   table_column('user', '', 'maildigest', 'tinyint', '1', '', '0', 'not null', 'mailformat');
?>

by Kris Gonnissen -

Thnx, Martin!  goedkeurend

Life can be so beautiful!

(I was upgrading from 1.3)

by Josh Jones -

Martin,

This little script fixed all of my issues I have been having with participants not showing up after upgrading.

I was upgrading from 1.3.3 to 1.4.2 and I ran the script and it fixed everything.  When I did upgrade, it said everything was successful...

So you know, I opened a bug on this issue for 1.4.1 as a critical issue... Now I have grades, yaaaa

thanks mucho

Josh

by Ferlin Scarborough -
Martin,

I had the same problem when I upgraded with the file I downloaded 11-15-2004, which was the latest-14 file.

It worked fine on my Easyphp1-7 installation on my Windows XP machine at home, but hit that same error on my Web Site, which is on a Linux, don't know if that makes some difference or not.

The participants would not show on the list, but they were still enrolled.  I ran the tiny little script you have here, and it fixed that problem for me.

Thanks.

Ferlin Scarborough.

by Josh Jones -

I downloaded my code from moodle.org as of today, 1.4.2 and it is still showing the same information.

I have my students, they are enrolled, they can log in, but the participant section shows nobody, nor do the groups, nor do my grades!!!  It says nobody is enrolled, but they are under the admin section.

I upgraded from 1.3.3 to this.  I have been simply dumping all the php files back in my web root to make it show my grades.  Some of my resources and such got blown up back-reving, but I had to see my grades.

Josh