Moodle version 1.5 will be XHTML compliant. Therefore the developers are now modifying the Moodle code, but also the language files must be converted.
It's something every Moodler can help with. If you have an hour spare time somewhere, please help. You can send your work to the translator of your languagepack who can centralise it (see http://moodle.org/download/lang)or you can send it to email@example.com (use path in your zip-file). Please always download the latest language pack first.
- All tags should be closed: <p>lalala</p>
- All elements should be nested: <p> lalala <em>lalala</em> </p>
- All elements and attributes must be lower case
- All atributes should be written in full and with quotes : <p align="right"> lalala </p>
- Empty elements must end with />: <br/> <hr/>
- <?= and <? should be <?php
- There should not be ANY font tags at all. <p> <em> <h1> <h2> etc should be enough for the language files ...
- The language name in the languagepack should generally use
Unicode Numeric Character References (NCR) if possible because this
allows the word to work within ANY encoding context (see the Chinese
pack for example).