Databases: Questions re: mdl_assignment_submissions table

Databases: Questions re: mdl_assignment_submissions table

by Andy Cravens -
Number of replies: 1
I'm attempting to write a report that will provide statistics on how long it takes instructors to grade assignments once they are submitted. The table mdl_assignment_submissions looks like it contains most of the information I need.

First, I will need to be able to determine when the student submitted the assignment. The columns timecreated and timemodified look promising but there are a significant number of rows where one or both of these columns contain zeroes. I don't understand why there would be a case where timecreated would contain a zero. That doesn't make sense. Basically, I have no way to tell when the student submitted the assignment in these situations. Can someone shed some light on this situation?

Second, there is a column named timemarked. I'm assuming this column contains the date/time when the assignment was graded. So if this column is zero it hasn't been graded by the instructor.

Thank you in advance for any information you might be able to provide.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andy Cravens

Re: Databases: Questions re: mdl_assignment_submissions table

by Andy Cravens -
Update: I changed my profile preferences so searches include the developer pages. I found a bug report for the problem where mdl_assignment_submissions.timecreated was not being populated but there is no bug fix yet.

I'm also going to check mdl_log to see if I can match up an assignment submission with the assignment submissions in mdl_assignment_submissions and populate the timecreated field after the fact.